I'm Back!

Wow. How was that for an inventive, groundbreaking title? Nonetheless, moving on...

Yes, 'tis true. I am back to the blogging world. It's hard to believe it's been almost a year since I posted last. So, so much has happened and changed since then. I've changed. And with all the constant changing that's just a part of life, signing back into my blogging account and putting my fingers to the smooth keys is like visiting an old friend...an old friend that perhaps I don't know as well anymore, but that I'd like to get to know again. That was a weird sort of metaphor. Who knows if that even made an ounce of sense? Moving on. :)

Each time I'd think of my blog and want to post, I'd say, "I'll do it later." Now, I'm sure many of you can relate to that. I use that phrase all the time when referring to schoolwork. Teehee. But seriously, I want you guys to know that I truly care about each one of you, and I am so thankful to God for you. I feel really bad about just dropping off the face of the earth, and I desperately want to get back to this thing that I've felt for years that God is calling me to do - write encouragement for girls. A lovely young reader named Eve emailed me yesterday and told me she missed the blog, and that God has used it to encourage her. (Thank you, by the way, Eve! :)) Her email really reminded me why I wanted to start blogging in the first place and encouraged me to start doing it again.

Since it's been so long since we've had a chat, I want to update you on what's been going on in my life. I'd love to hear about your lives, too...what God's been doing in your lives and teaching you, prayer requests, anything! Leave a comment if you'd like!

Last summer, in July, I got the incredible opportunity to go on a mission trip to Costa Rica. It was a really neat experience, and many people gave their lives to Christ. We got to perform a drama that was narrated in Spanish and interact with lots of kids, which was my favorite part!

In September, I started (gasp!) community college. (Cue Mike Wazowski: "I'm officially a college student!") College has definitely been time-consuming and challenging, but I really do enjoy it. I've been blessed with great teachers and classes all three terms, and I am learning a LOT. One of the classes I am taking that I am really enjoying is American Sign Language. I love it! College work has also been difficult, (and I am currently procrastinating right now :)) but I think it's been really great for me.

September-October was definitely stretching for me. My sister went away to attend college in another state, and I was so used to doing everything with her that the thought of me driving myself places, attending college classes as a high school junior, and just doing life without her physically here was daunting. Once I actually got out of my comfort zone and wasn't so self-focused, I really grew. I have gained a lot of confidence, and I'm no longer as afraid to just say hi to people, compliment strangers, or drive places. (Well, drive places I know specific directions to, that is ;)).

One thing that's changed in me as a person is that I now have a new passion: makeup. You'll probably be reading/seeing more about that on this blog in the weeks to follow. My sister showed me a Christian beauty guru on YouTube (Charisma Star TV for those of you who are interested), and since then I've been so fascinated with the art of makeup. I think it's so much fun to do, and it can bring out the features God already gave you. (You can also apply it in super fun, cakey ways to dress up as a character or something. There are so many options!)

Lately, I also have a new obsession. Well, let's not call it an obsession, because it's not that drastic. (For some of you readers who have been here a loooonnnng time, maybe you remember the old article "An Interest or an Obsession?" :) Comment below if you do!) It's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I'm not super into the movies or anything; I just think the characters are pretty sweet! (Especially Leonardo) Yes, I am a college student who loves TMNT and Hannah Montana. I joke with my friends that I'm actually five years old.  

I'm sure a lot of other things have happened that I'm forgetting to tell you, but there will be plenty of room for that in the many posts to come! I'm also considering giving this blog an updated "face lift," of sorts, so you may see a new design sometime soon. Oh! If you girls have any topics in mind that you're interested in or would like me to write on, please let me know! I'm really open to suggestions.

Love you Girlz very much, and miss you all. God bless you! Talk soon. :)

Lots of love,
post signature

Kelly-Anne  – (April 24, 2015 at 10:31 PM)  

Hello dear Talia! What a surprise I received this morning when I opened my dashboard and up popped your lovely blog with a new post!
It is so good to visit once again, sweet friend and to read your updates...how your life has changed in the past while, but I know that Jesus is still firing you on!
In this past year I have b=started a business which is keeping me pretty busy and right now I am away from home au pairing for three weeks. Au pairing has been a challenging but enjoyable experience and I have grown a lot!
I will be looking up the make-up artist you mentioned...looking forward to seeing posts related to the art of make-up!
hugs and much dear love to you, Talia...keep shining for Christ!
Blessings in the Lord,
Kelly-Anne

Kara Lynn  – (April 25, 2015 at 4:42 AM)  

I was so excited to see a post from you - I've really missed seeing your blog posts (they always brighten my day =). I agree with Eve - your blog has always encouraged me so much in my walk with the Lord. As a tween and young teen I really struggled with some things, but reading blogs (such as your's) really helped me!
American Sign Language sounds amazing! A lady who use to go to our church could do it very well since her sister is deaf, and she taught me a bit last year.
Sorry for the long comment - welcome back to the blogger world! :D
Love,
Kara

Madeline  – (April 25, 2015 at 6:33 AM)  

I'm so glad you're back! Haha yes, I loved Hannah Montana growing up and it still has a special place in my heart. :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP