Something to Say

You haven't posted in so long...you're going to have to explain why.

Do you really think you should be encouraging people when you aren't doing well?

You haven't been in your Bible enough, or prayed enough. You've been messing up like crazy. You'd be a hypocrite to post a devotional for other girls.

These doubts (and ones similar to these) constantly run through my mind when I think about blogging, and how I've neglected it for the past three months. They nag at me, whispering the lie that I don't have anything to say...nothing worth reading, anyway.

And yet, something inside of me desperately holds onto this blog and longs to begin posting on here regularly again.

Things have been changing a lot in my life recently. I'm entering a new season of life...a season that is very different, and one that I don't feel entirely prepared for. I feel as though this season of life will involve a lot of change. But, though I do not necessarily like change or do particularly well with it, I think growth can certainly accompany it.

On my sister's birthday, we went to see the movie "Mom's Night Out." I had seen it once before and enjoyed it, but I really think the second time I watched it impacted me most. Even though the story was about mothers, I could relate to it. In one scene, when the main character was listening to some "words of wisdom" from a biker named Bones, I felt like the words were meant for me. The main character expressed through tears that she didn't feel good enough. Bones asked, "Good enough for who?" And she began to list multiple people in her life, as I did the same inwardly with people from my own life. Then Bones said, "Good enough for you." I could feel my own eyes watering at the thought. I've been trying to live up to my own unreachable standards, and I am never "good enough" for myself. As the characters onscreen continued to talk, the words spoke right to me.

God loves me...just for being me. He saved me by His grace, and I did nothing to deserve it, so why do I act like I have to do something or be something to "deserve" His love?

I sin...I am imperfect. But that doesn't change the fact that I do have something to say...something to share...something worth reading. God created me to be me - unique, genuine, beautiful me - and He gave me gifts and has a unique plan and purpose for my life.

It's the same for you. Don't think that you have to DO something or BE someone to earn God's love. He loves you so much, no matter what, and nothing can ever change that. (Romans 8:38-39)

Don't let the doubts and lies stop you from being the unique you that God created you to be. You have a story to tell...God's love to share. You have something to say.

I love you ♥. Talk to you guys very soon :).

Talia
   





Kara  – (June 19, 2014 at 5:44 AM)  

I've missed your posts and was really excited to see a new one up! I'm glad you're back to blogging - you have a very inspiring blog, Talia! =)

Sierra Pedro  – (June 26, 2014 at 2:36 PM)  

I love reading your blog, Talia. Good luck and enjoy your new season of life. :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP