Content

"Content" really isn't the right word for this post. But that's the thing...I couldn't find a word to describe it. This. The feeling I get when I experience something that touches me deeply. Something that leaves me feeling peaceful, indescribably content, blessed. The thoughts, feelings, and revelations that occur when something happens that makes me think,

This. This is what life is about.

I experienced that as we stood in her living room, as she lay peacefully sleeping in her bed. She looked genuinely beautiful, despite the cancer she was (and still is) battling. Her sisters and a few friends sat and listened as my sister and I sang for her. Tears trickled down their cheeks as we sang "You are For Me." When the song ended, they wrapped us up in hugs and wiped their tears and thanked us. And I walked over to her bed and smoothed back her hair. This woman, soon to be with Jesus, has been a blessing to not only me, but others as well. Seeing her beautiful, genuine smile whenever our paths crossed always made me feel good.  

I experienced the feeling again when my grandparents invited us to come to their house and help them decorate. As my little sister and I carefully placed cherished ornaments on their tree, my grandma told me the stories behind them, and I listened intently, wanting to remember each and every story. Then she fed us cupcakes she had made and lit a candle so we could eat by "firelight," and it stayed with me...the forty minutes I had with my grandmother and little sister that were seemingly simple, but very significant.

I think that even though we certainly will go through hard times in our lives, we should keep our eyes open for moments like this...extraordinary blessings from God, even if they are seemingly little things, simple things.

 Sometimes, I think...those things mean the most.

post signature

Tangerine-Tane  – (December 11, 2013 at 1:11 AM)  

I really agree. :) Enjoy the little things.
Tane ♥

Tangerine-Tane  – (December 11, 2013 at 1:12 AM)  

P.S. Lovely post - you have a great way with words. Oh, and, I'm a new follower, simply cause of the awesome your blog contains.

rebecajones  – (December 11, 2013 at 7:57 AM)  

Talia, this is a really beautiful post. You are indeed right--it is the little things that often end up being the most significant in our lives. This is a great reminder to keep our eyes open for those moments. And good timing too, with the craziness of the holidays. :) Blessings to you!

Sadie Grace  – (December 11, 2013 at 9:26 AM)  

Thank you so much for posting this. I sang for my Grandpa for the last time on his sofa. That was exactly the same feeling I had when my Grandpa died of cancer. I watched him die, and yes, I was sad. But I was still at peace, he had been hurting and sick, and he is much better off with Jesus. Life isn't about surviving, its about living. And he was the happiest person I knew despite the pain he was going through. Thanks again. It's nice to be reminded there is someone to relate to.

Amber Hagemeister  – (December 31, 2013 at 3:07 PM)  

I agree! So many times it is the little things in life that help us to realize how blessed we are and end up playing such a huge role in our lives. :)

Jada –   – (January 2, 2014 at 11:42 AM)  

This really inspired me! I love your blog so much!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP