"Jesus Might be the Answer."

He was sitting against a brick wall reading, clad in a Beatles t-shirt and a tan ball cap. As we approached him, he looked up at us and slowly rested his book on his lap.

"We're going around asking people what they think is wrong with the world," a boy in my evangelism group said. "What do you think is wrong with the world?"

The man began to talk to us. After asking him a few more questions, we discovered that he believed people got into heaven by doing good works. "Do you think you're good enough to get into heaven?" I asked him. After pondering my question for a moment, he said yes. I explained to him that even one sin separates us from God. I began to share the Gospel with Him. The words just poured out of me, and I know it wasn't me doing the talking, but God working through me. The man said he knew the whole story about Jesus, and that he'd "been a Christian" a couple of times before. I knew that the man probably didn't know what it meant to really be in a relationship with Jesus Christ. We gave him a tract and asked him if he would read it. "Yes," he answered enthusiastically. Before we left, he said something to us that I will never forget.

"You know...lately, I've been spiritually searching, and Jesus might be the answer."

Last week, I went to Worldview Academy (you might remember me posting about it last year, too). Like last year, I had a great week. I was a part of an amazing small group, learned a lot from the speakers, and had fun participating in the color team relay. The best part for me, though, was the day we went out and evangelized.

Yesterday, I discovered this quote by Kirk Cameron: "If you had the cure to cancer, wouldn't you share it? You have the cure to death...get out there and share it."

Evangelism was amazing. We were put into small groups of three or four people, and we got to go out and evangelize for around forty-five minutes. Talking to different people really caused me to have a heart for the lost people in the world. So many people need Jesus desperately. A couple people were really open to the Gospel, like the man in the Beatles t-shirt. Others told us to go away, laughed, or called us judgmental when we said the name Jesus Christ. Whatever their reaction was, I want to continue praying for the people we talked to (and those we didn't).

I also want to encourage you to pray for people, too, and to talk to people about God. It's not our job to save people - that's God's job. God does want us to plant seeds in people's hearts, though. God has given us hope and saved us from eternal darkness and separation from Him. How can we not share it?

post signature

Dotty May  – (July 28, 2013 at 4:27 PM)  

Awesome!
Dotty

whimsicalramblingsdaydreams.blogspot.com

Anonymous –   – (July 29, 2013 at 8:48 AM)  

Wow, great post, Talia! It was very well written and had a great point. In fact, I need to remember this daily. I'm glad that you had a great time and I hope that you'll take what you've learned and be able to use it for the rest of your life!

~Haley

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP