Let's Be Honest

True beauty.

It's something I've posted about more than once...something on the inside, I've told you multiple times. It's something I believe wholeheartedly in...something I tell you matters more than outward appearance, being skinny, having clear skin, etc.

But let me be honest with you for a minute. Sometimes, I forget the significance of true, inner beauty.

I apologize if I've ever made it seem like I have everything figured out...like I have it all together. Because the fact is...I don't.

Many days I turn sideways and glance at my reflection in the mirror, wishing my stomach would magically flatten.

Each morning I step on the scale, and if it doesn't show a number I'm proud of, I oftentimes let it affect my view of myself.

Let's be honest here. I have insecurities. There are things about myself that I dislike, things I wish I could change. And many a day I let those insecurities get the best of me, let them affect what I think of myself. It's not that I've forgotten what true, honest-to-goodness beauty is. It's just that I've let my insecurities and flaws whisper the lie to me that outward beauty is more important than inner beauty.

The other day, I was feeling bad about myself. But I just kept repeating the words to my favorite song, "I Am Beautiful," over and over.

He says I am beautiful, and when I fall, it don't matter that I'm not perfect. I am beautiful. I'm not alone. At any size, I'm still worth it. I'm worth every tear and every scar, so even when you say I'm not, He says I'm beautiful.

(I Am Beautiful, Candics Glover)

And then I looked in the mirror and smiled, and I remembered.

Inner beauty really is so much more important than outward beauty. God cares so much more about us genuinely loving others than having a pretty face. He cares more about being humble than being skinny. Really, in the long run, it doesn't matter if you're the prettiest, the skinniest, the most fit, the best dressed. What really matters is what's on the inside.

Proverbs 31:30
Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised.


1 Peter 3:3-4
Don’t be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God.



God bless you and keep you, beautiful, precious girl.

post signature

Elise Frederickson  – (June 26, 2013 at 9:18 PM)  

Words cannot express how much I love this. It's too easy to forget where that true beauty comes from and get caught up in worldly ideas of beauty. I loved those lyrics you shared. I've never heard that song, but it seems really similar to one of my favorite songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-y1iuYAs5s

Anonymous –   – (June 27, 2013 at 8:08 AM)  

Well said Talia,
Thank you so much. :)

-KK

Maddy  – (June 29, 2013 at 9:53 PM)  

Thank you for writing about this Talia, it is so true but something I sometimes forget myself. I often struggle with insecurities about my outward appearance, and so it's good to be reminded that our inner beauty is more important. Thanks for the encouragement!

Maddy :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP