There's Something About the Ocean

"Something about the ocean makes me rise up and praise. Something about the heavens makes me stand in awe againS. omething about the sunrise reminds me of Your faithfulness. Something about the ocean and I'm lost in love again." - Ocean, Ten Shekel Shirt

We went to the beach yesterday.

 
The last time I'd been to a beach was August of last year, and I had missed it.

When I go to the beach, I always - ALWAYS - get at least my feet wet. I'm not the type to let the waves barely brush my toes. No - instead, I love it when I'm standing on the shore and the wave crashes down a few feet away and whooshes past me, coming up to my ankles.


"If you were the ocean, I'd be the sand. If you were the song, I'd be the band. If you were the stars, then I'd be the moon - a light in the dark, my darling, for you." - The Boat Song, JJ Heller

I love the beach. There's just something about it that's hard to describe. Like a sunset or a sunrise. It's so amazingly beautiful and incredible that you don't wanna look away. Just the sight of it can be therapeutic, in a way. Seeing a sunset, or going to the beach, you can just really...sense God's presence. And you can't help but think, Wow, God. You are beautiful.

God is incredible. It's amazingly beautiful and incredible to think that God came up with sunsets and sunrises and beaches. I'm sure that He knew when He was creating them that they would be great blessings to people. Because, I don't know about you, but when I see God's beautiful creation, I am SO in awe. God, You're so beautiful.

"I see Your Face in every sunrise. The colors of the morning are insinde Your eyes. The world awakens in the light of the day. I look up to the sky and say...'You're beautiful.'" - You're Beautiful, Phil Wickham
post signature
(photos and typog by me)

p.s. Please be praying for some people that go to our church, as they have just recently lost their father ♥.

Charity (myheart4himcm@gmail.com) –   – (March 29, 2013 at 4:43 PM)  

Hey Talia, ya probably don't know me but I've been following your blog and I've been encouraged in my walk with the Lord by it. Thanks so much! I'm an MK in China and I heard of your blog from Haley S. from Girl Talk.
I lost my daddy too, so I would love to pray for the folks at your church. I would love to have their name/s so I could pray for them more specifically. Thanks!

lightwarriorsinadarkworld  – (March 29, 2013 at 8:26 PM)  

I really like what you said, it was very beautiful! I will pray for the people at your church.

Kara Klarabelle Siert  – (April 1, 2013 at 2:42 PM)  

Hey Talia! :) Lovely pics and post. :) Thanks for sharing. Will be praying for your friends.

emii  – (April 4, 2013 at 12:37 AM)  

i went to the beach the other day, got my clothes a bit wet. it's as beautiful as you say. will pray for them. i hope they're doing alright.

by the way, i haven't been here in awhile. it's nice to see what you've been up to! :)

Joanna  – (April 6, 2013 at 5:29 PM)  

Awww. I love how you give God the glory for His perfect creation and the beauty of the ocean He's blessed us with! Your pictures are gorgeous too! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP