Recent Happenings

I apologize for my lack of posts as of late. I was shocked to see that I'd only posted four times in December and was determined to post more than that this month, but I either haven't had the time or have felt inspiration-less. Can any of you relate?

But, alas, I am back from my unintended 'blogging break" and am going to try to post more often. I'm not promising that more frequent posting will actually happen because I can't always determine if things will come up or if I will have time or inspiration, but I certainly will try.

I don't have anything particularly insightful to share with you today, just an update of sorts. The first month of 2013 has been pretty good so far.

This year, I am trying to read through the whole Bible. In 2012, I tried to read through it and stopped in Leviticus, so that is where I started up again this year. It's great reading my Bible every morning and getting refreshed from the Word.

In a few days, I am participating in a variety show put on my the theatre group my siblings and I are a part of. I am pretty excited. I am going to be singing "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Miserables (my new favorite movie). I love the song and am so excited to sing it.

This month, my family has attended two different VFW awards desserts. My sister and I have participated in VFW writing competitions for a few years now, but this year was the first year we competed against each other in the Voice of Democracy speech competition. The topic was "Is the Constitution still relevant?" (an extremely hard topic, in my opinion!) My sister placed first in post and district and is going to state. I am very proud of her! (and, no, I'm not upset that I didn't get first. I'm just proud of my sister!) I got second in post and third in district. Doing these competitions is such a great experience, and the VFW people are very kind!

So, not including school and some other happenings, those are some things I'm doing and have been doing this month. What about you? How was your month been so far? Have you done anything interesting?

 God bless you, girls! Have a wonderful day :).
post signature
p.s. If you think about it, please be in prayer...I have a friend whose best friend's older brother died unexpectedly on Sunday, and it has been very hard on the younger brother. Please be praying for him and his family - that God would comfort them, heal them, and give them His peace!

Loice Morrison  – (January 23, 2013 at 7:07 AM)  

Hey! Last year I was also gonna read the Bible through in a year, but stopped in Leviticus also...My month has been really good so far! Just in these few weeks, I've gotten a lot closer to God! I love seeing how He's changing me and loving others through me! I'm so excited to be on this journey with Jesus! :D

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP