God-shaped Hole

Some of you may have heard the song by the Rolling Stones that goes, "I can't get no satisfaction! 'Cause I try and I try and I try and I try..."

While I'll admit I don't know much about the Rolling Stones or the meaning behind the song, it came to mind when I started this post. Why? Because that's what I think people are trying to get...satisfaction. Well, not just satisfaction. More like...eternal satisfaction. Let me try to explain myself more clearly...

I believe that in every person, there is a God-shaped hole. You may have heard people use the term "God-shaped hole" or "God-shaped void" before and not really understood what it meant. I think the term helps to illustrate how everyone has a void (big empty space) inside of them that they constantly try to fill with material items, money, romance, relationships, acceptance, popularity...the list goes on. The only problem is that none of those items will fill the void...none of them are God-shaped. Popularity won't fill a God-shaped hole. Romance won't fill a God-shaped hole. Only GOD can fill the God-shaped hole, and when we try to fill the hole with other things, we come up empty. Dry. Longing for more. We "can't get no satisfaction." We try and we try and we try to fill ourselves up, but we are never satisfied. And the reality is that we aren't satisfied because we are trying to fill the God-shaped hole with something that isn't God-shaped.

GOD is the only One who can eternally satisfy the longing and thirst of your soul. So come to Jesus. Throw aside everything you've been pursuing that you think will fill your God-shaped hole, because you're going to end up disappointed, lonely, sad, and hurt. Give your life to God. Tell Him you are sorry for the things you've done that have displeased Him. Speak to Him from your heart. Tell Him that you believed that He died and rose again. Repent of your sins, invite Him into your life, and be saved! And if you are saved already but are still pursuing other things, turn to Jesus! RUN to Him! He is the ONLY One who can truly satisfy you and give you joy.

I am so thankful that God saves and that He perfectly fits into our God-shaped holes. I know I have pursued things other than Jesus, and they have all left me disappointed and empty. But God? He never has. He always fills me up and gives me joy, and I am so, SO thankful for that.

“Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal." - Matthew 6:19-20
post signature

Brooke  – (January 30, 2013 at 5:20 AM)  

Talia, you write wonderful posts! Your blog's my favorite to read, and you write it so well. I also love Matthew 6: 19-20 <3

Hadassah  – (January 30, 2013 at 6:50 AM)  

This reminds me of a song "God-Shaped Hole" by Plumb.


Great post!

Kara  – (January 30, 2013 at 8:41 AM)  

I tagged you over @ my blog http://savedbygrace7.blogspot.com/2013/01/blog-party-link-up-and-tagged.html

ⓜⓔⓔⓝⓐ  – (January 30, 2013 at 11:43 AM)  

Amazing, Talia. So sorry for my lack of comments lately, girly.

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP