they day i turned my camera to *gasp* manual

I've been taking a photography class this year, and it has been SO helpful. Prior to the class, I took pictures in automatic. While that is the "easy" way, and good pictures often come out of it, I knew that in the future - since I want to be a photographer (as well as writer) - I should probably know how to take pictures with my camera on the manual setting. So, I was really excited when I learned the high school group at our co-op was having a photography class! Yeah-eah!

 For a few weeks, we've been learning what things like ISO, aperture, and shutter speed are, and we've been experimenting with them and learning how to use them. Yesterday and today, I took pictures in manual mode! Yes! I have to admit that I am pretty proud of myself (*shy grin*). Plus, although not all of the pictures turn out good (der der der), I like how a lot of them are turning out!

So, without further ado, I'd like to show you some photos I snapped yesterday and today. They are completely unedited (which is rare for me), except for me adding my name to them :-). (also, I realize these pictures are not perfect - duh - but I really like them, and I am after all still learning :D!)













post signature

A.J.  – (November 15, 2012 at 5:39 PM)  

I used to keep my camera on automatic, and it's been on manual for a long time. I have yet to set it back to automatic and see how they turn out now. :)

Mikailah  – (November 15, 2012 at 5:53 PM)  

wow, these are really good, Talia! :) love the leaf ones. xx

SWU  – (November 15, 2012 at 6:13 PM)  

Those are so pretty, I especially like the bark curling up!!

http://helloprettyprincess.blogspot.com/

Kara –   – (November 16, 2012 at 9:07 AM)  

Wow, those are great! My favorites are the last two. :) It is so cool that you are learning more about photography.

Kianna Rose  – (November 16, 2012 at 7:48 PM)  

Wow Talia, these are great! I love the curling bark:)

I'm happy for you and am excited that you're learning to shoot in manual.

What camera do you have?

Jenny  – (November 17, 2012 at 11:24 AM)  

They're really pretty! You're an awesome photographer. My favorite one is the 3rd one. :)

Kara Klarabelle Siert  – (November 19, 2012 at 1:26 PM)  

Ahh, I love these pics! So pretty! Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP