Catching Up

Boy, has November been busy! We spent a nice Thanksgiving morning watching the Macy's Day Parade and eating a yummy breakfast made by my Dad. Then at five we had dinner with our grandparents on both sides, some cousins, and a family friend, and it was a lot of fun. The food was DELISH as always (and so was the PIE!!!), and the leftovers the next couple of days were just as good :D. You can't really beat pumpkin pie for breakfast, can you??!? Thanksgiving was great. I realize God has blessed me and I have so much to be thankful for♥. I usually take for granted what I should be SO thankful to God for :P.

My cousin came to visit for a week (same cousin I went to Hawaii with - we're, like, best friend cousins), and we had a lot of fun! We went to Winter Jam with my youth group, which was amazing (see this post)! The next night we had a sleepover at my grandparents'. We did each others' hair (she's way better at doing hair than I am), took pictures, watched Captain America (she had never seen it before), and ate our "traditional" late-night snack of zucchini bread, ice water, and buttered popcorn! (Okay, so it's not really "traditional," cuz we've only had it one other time, but I think we plan on making it a tradition) At the beginning of my cousin's visit, I'd told her I was a really bad cook. "But I can make popcorn!" I said with a laugh. I proved myself wrong the next day, though! We were making popcorn for our "traditional" snack, and the popcorn bags were smaller than typical bags, so we didn't know how long to microwave them for. My cousin said, "Just press the popcorn button!" I pressed the button, and there were still a bunch of kernels in the popcorn when we took it out, so we pushed it again and the popcorn burned! Needless to say, it tasted gross!

Later in the week, my cousin and I went shopping together, which was really fun! We tried on crazy dresses and took lots of pictures! We also had another sleepover, this time at my house, and watched a movie I love - "You Again"! It made us laugh a lot!

This past week, I've been hurriedly trying to finish NaNoWriMo! My word count goal was 30,000 words, and I am proud to announce that I finished my novel yesterday! It's called "Speechless," and I really like it. I love NaNoWriMo! It is such a great experience! I'd totally recommend it! My novel is about a man named Aaron who was in the U.S. Military and was serving in Iraq when a bomb exploded, damaging his vocal chords beyond repair so that he can no longer speak, distorting his face, and removing his legs. "Speechless" is his story :).

It's hard to believe that tomorrow is December 1st! Does anyone else find that crazy? Whenever Christmas time comes, I always think, "Wow! That year went by fast!" The years go by so much faster as I get older :P! AHHH! Slow down, years! Haha :).

What did you do for Thanksgiving? What's your favorite kind of pie (I love apple and pumpkin)? What's your favorite Thanksgiving food? Does your family have any special Thanksgiving traditions?

HAPPY DECEMBER, GIRLZ!!! GOD BLESS YOU!!!

post signature

Kara Klarabelle Siert  – (November 30, 2012 at 7:23 PM)  

Oh my goodness.
Your novel sounds completely EPIC!!! Wowzers! Sounds like a very challenging undertaking (not just the word count, but the storyline!) but you did it! Congrats, dearie!

Heidi Anne  – (December 1, 2012 at 9:18 AM)  

Talia, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I HAVE NOMINATED YOU FOR THE SUNSHINE AWARD ON MY BLOG "Being a God Girl"!!!!

megan kristine  – (December 1, 2012 at 9:12 PM)  

Hey, girl! I just wanted to say Congratulations on finishing NaNoWriMo! Super big feat. xoxo.

Anonymous –   – (December 4, 2012 at 8:38 AM)  

It sounds Like you had a great Thanksgiving.
Good job finishing the NaNoWriMo!
Hannah

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP