what I really want



I want a lot of things.

I want to be a writer. A photographer.

I want to go to college.

I want to be a wife and a mom.

I want to write books.

I want to make a lasting impact on people's lives.

I want to inspire and motivate people.

I want to encourage people.

But I've been thinking lately about the thing that I want most of all. And the thing I want most of all is to be a young woman (and a woman and an old woman as the years progress) after God's own heart. I want to be known as a great writer, a great photographer, a great wife, a great mom, a great encourager. But most of all I want to be known as a great woman of God like Mary, Ruth, and Esther. I want to spend time with God daily. I want to love Him with all that I am.

That is what I really want in this life.

Sure, I want a lot of other things, but if I'm not a woman after God's heart, nothing else will matter in the long run.

To be a young woman after God's own heart is what I really want. That's what matters most to me.

What about you?


post signature

Anonymous –   – (October 15, 2012 at 7:55 PM)  

Well put, Talia! Thanks for the reminder!
Love, Haley

Kathryn  – (October 16, 2012 at 9:43 AM)  

Beautiful and very well put! A wonderful reminder for all of us. Thank you :)

Sisters  – (October 17, 2012 at 12:19 AM)  

Such great reminders!! Thanks Talia!

Christina

Jazzie Shea  – (October 18, 2012 at 9:24 PM)  

Wow. You sound like you took a little peak into my heart. Love this post so much!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP