Fall (And Highlights From the Year)

Wow...it's autumn already? I find that hard to believe. It feels like fall last year wasn't, well, a whole year ago!

I know it sounds silly, but I really like the cool weather fall and winter bring. I love pretty much everything about these last few months of the year, as a matter of fact...hot cocoa, hot apple cider, PIE (oh, yes), pumpkin-carving, wearing warm clothes, singing Christmas carols, Thanksgiving dinner, decorating for Christmas with the family, all our traditions, and so much more. As I get older, each year seems to fly by faster than the previous years. This year went by really fast! I can't believe that it's already October and that Christmas is in two months! (I'm ready to bring out the carols! Haha!)

It's strange to me that a little over a year ago, I met two great friends and visited another great one that I've known for a long time. Happy anniversary of meeting, guys! (lol)

I just thought I'd share with you a couple of highlights from my year. I hope you'll do the same on your blog (or at least tell me about your year in the comment section below!) and comment with the link to it so I can check out what you've been doing, too!

Let's start with January, shall we? First of all, I was in a talent-show-type-thing with my sister. We sang a duet ("For Good" from Wicked). I was so nervous, because I hadn't sung a lot in front of people before. But it turned out great, and it was really a good experience! I also attended a Winter Retreat that was really wonderful!

In February, I went to a VFW banquet to receive my prize for winning first place in state and to watch my sister compete in her age division (she got 3rd place!).

In March, I went to San Francisco, an incredible experience, and got a year older! (I was with my youth group for part of my birthday, and they made it a fabulous birthday for me!)

In April, our theatre group began practicing for the play "Alice in Wonderland". Haley and I were also in a music show called "The Magic of Music" that was a lot of fun and a great experience.

In May, two of our best friends came to visit for a week (that went by wayyyy too quickly)!

In June, our theatre group moved into the theatre to practice "Alice in Wonderland"!

In July, I attended Worldview Academy (one of the best weeks of my life!)!

In August, I competed in the local Bible Bee competition (placed 247th out of about 1,300). I also got the incredible opportunity to visit Hawaii with some relatives! It was so beautiful and so much fun.

And finally in September, I attended an Outdoor Science Camp with my family that was great!

It's been a great year!

Happy 1st of October, everyone!



  post signature

The Campana Family  – (October 1, 2012 at 5:14 PM)  

Hi!
I have Awarded your Blog!!!
Head on over to my blog:www.heritageoutdoors.blogspot.com to see what you need to do and receive
your award!

Thanks Gabby

Brooke  – (October 1, 2012 at 6:07 PM)  

You did a lot of fun stuff so far this year! Oh, and I absolutely LOVE everything about the last few months of the year as well. Christmas and everything that comes with it is SO wonderful!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP