Change

I'm one of those people who is not very fond of change. Sure, I like it in some instances...like when I'm old enough to wear makeup, or I get contacts, or people become Christians. That kind of change is good. But some change makes me sad.

A lot of things have been changing lately. My youth pastor moved away, we have a totally new youth pastor (and youth room and youth group name), some of my friends moved away, I'm taking a class at public school, and just other stuff like that. A bunch of small things are changing, too. And even though they seem small, they make me nostalgic, because they've always been there - for as long as I remember. Know what I mean? Some things in your life have just always been there, and when they change or go away, sometimes you just...want to cry, I guess.

It's hard to believe I'm in high school. It seems like my childhood flew by (although it didn't seem like it at the time). Certain things from my childhood make me nostalgic, too. I guess everything makes me nostalgic, haha :). (okay, "everything" was an exaggeration, but still...) For instance, today I wanted to get "The Tigger Movie" from the library. I watched it a ton when I was little. And in all honesty, I bet I'd still like it now, because...it's familiar. It's something that hasn't changed. Silly as it sounds, The Tigger Movie is comforting because it was something I had when I was little. Seemingly meaningless things like a certain doll dress, a movie, and a keepsake make me long for things to stay the same.

What I'm slowly realizing is that things change. People change. I guess I've known it for a while; I have just been slow to admit it. I don't want things to change. I don't want people to change. I want them to stay the same. I want BFFs to be BFFs forever. But, things do change. Material things and people will change. But...God won't. He will always be there. He will always love you more than you can imagine. His love will not go away. He will not move away. He will not change. He will stay the same forever.

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
post signature

Anonymous –   – (September 4, 2012 at 8:11 PM)  

So true Talia... You summed up my feelings, exactly. This was written so beautifully. Keep trusting in God, even through the changes, even if they're hard.

<3 Haley

Sunshine  – (September 5, 2012 at 7:44 AM)  

Very true. I was reading this verse the other day. The way you put it has helped remind me that no matter when I have hard days (which are seeming to become more frequent) I will always have the same Father and Friend who will always stick to me even if I don't know it. Thanks so much!
http://thoughtsfromadaughterofgod.blogspot.com

Kiera (: ♥  – (September 5, 2012 at 8:58 AM)  

This is wonderfully written, Tal! Exactly what I needed today! (:

Kathryn  – (September 5, 2012 at 11:26 AM)  

Thank you, thank you, Talia!!!
This was an amazing post. Very well written.
I know exactly how you feel. Change was something that I hated as a little kid, and I was the one who always went to tears because of it. I've gotten better now, but there are still things I hold on to because they remind me of when I was little. You speak of the Tigger Movie. :) My movie? Cinderella. I have watched that movie 100+ times. Anytime I see it now, I just smile. I can't help it! It brings back so many good memories.
But things have to change. They just do. That's life. But whenever we're feeling down, we DO have that wonderful comfort that God NEVER changes. He's always there!
Thanks again :) Wonderful post!
Love,
Kathryn :)

Molly Marie  – (September 5, 2012 at 2:36 PM)  

Talia dear, I know EXACTLY how you feel. This post, it did want to make me cry, because it just told me that there ARE girls out there who feel the same way about change as I do. And your reason for disliking change is the exact same reason why I do: because things that we've had, things, people, places, things like that that seem so familiar are sometimes taken away, and we are confronted with unfamiliar things.
I am going through something like that right now. I feel as if I'm right in the middle of change. When everything around me feels as if it's changing so rapidly, and I am going to lose everything so dear to me.
But I've been realizing lately, the reason things have to change, is so God can reveal Himself to us a little more, and to make His promises stand out. And the only thing I can do... is TRUST.

~Molly~
mollyslittlecorner.blogspot.com

Lauren Garcia  – (September 6, 2012 at 12:42 PM)  

Hey, I awarded you! http://laurens-weird-life.blogspot.com/2012/09/awarded.html

Kara Klarabelle Siert  – (September 9, 2012 at 7:42 PM)  

Oh goodness, something similar was totally on my mind the other day too. I agree. I really don't like change, especially involving friendships. I guess I'm just thankful for the friends that are here for the moment (like you, my dear!) and that Jesus will always be there for me, no matter what. But I agree, change is hard.

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP