Anger

The other day, I picked up my Bible and just held it for a moment. In doing so, a thought struck me...Wow. I really missed my Bible! I hadn't read it in a while, and I really missed it. I missed digging into God's Word. So I opened it, and I read this verse, which really stuck out to me (even though I'd read it before):

Don’t sin by letting anger control you. Think about it overnight and remain silent. (Psalm 4:4 NLT)

This is something I need to work very hard on! I am not good at all at controlling my anger. I let it "control me," like the verse says, and I say or do things I regret later. Does anyone else struggle with this? I have been realizing lately that I just...get mad really easily. I think part of the problem is that I over think things and that I think negative things about people. Instead of thinking. "They probably didn't mean it like that..." I think that they meant the worse possible thing. Does that make sense? 

I wrote the reference to that verse (Psalm 4:4) on my hand a few days ago so I would remember to not sin by letting anger control me. I learned from experience that it does no good to just let your anger run rampant. Thinking about why you are angry overnight can get you cooled down and help you respond in a more loving way.

God certainly doesn't want us to lash out in anger at others. He doesn't want us to act out of anger. While I don't believe it's a sin to be angry, if we put our anger into actions and words (and thoughts, sometimes), it's not good.

I don't totally know why I'm sharing all this with you. Probably just because it's been something I've been really struggling with lately...something I need to work on. Let me leave you with this for now: God totally helps with anger issues. After reading that verse, my temper was easier to control.

Anyway, I hope you have been able to relate to or learn from this post in some way. I hope you have a wonderful day :-). 
post signature
p.s. Happy birthday, Sam!

p.p.s. IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Once I reach 200 followers, I will be hosting a big giveaway! Fun, fun, fun!

Kathryn  – (September 14, 2012 at 9:52 PM)  

Yes, you're very right!
Anger is something I fight daily too. Thanks for the reminder to try and be calm!

Kara Klarabelle Siert  – (September 16, 2012 at 3:45 PM)  

Ahhh, I have anger issues ...thanks for posting about it. Your post was such an encouragement!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP