Life's Full of Choices

My family was driving to get frozen yogurt the other night, and a sermon was on the radio. I don't know who the preacher was, but what he said stuck out to me.

He was talking about a man named Michael who was always positive. When asked how he was doing, Michael always replied, "If I were doing any better, I'd have to be twins." One day, the preacher asked him how he could be so happy and positive all the time. He replied (something like this - I can't remember his exact words), "Every morning when I wake up, I tell myself, 'Michael, today you have two choices. You can choose to be in a good mood, or you can choose to be in a bad mood.' I choose to be in a good mood." Michael went on to explain how life is full of choices and that we choose if we are going to react in love or anger...if we're going to show God's love or not...if we're going to learn from a hard situation and grow from it or be hurt by it...if we're going to give into temptation or stay strong...if we're going to listen to discouraging words people say and let them deflate us, or learn from them and grow.

One day, Michael fell from a height of sixty feet (I think it was) and was rushed to ER. The doctors and nurses thought he was going to die - he could see it on their faces. The preacher asked Michael what his first thought was when he fell. "My first thought was, 'You can choose to live or you can choose to die,' and I chose to live." When in ER, the doctors and nurses asked him if he was allergic to anything. "Yes, I am," he said. Everyone in the room stopped. "What are you allergic to?!" they asked. "Gravity," he replied simply. They all laughed. "I'm choosing to live," he told them, "so operate on me as if you were operating on someone who is alive rather than someone who is dead." Michael lived.

What I learned from what I heard of the sermon is that life is full of choices. We can't control the things that happen to us, but we can control how we react to them (quoting Soul Surfer). What will YOU choose?

post signature

Kristiana  – (August 29, 2012 at 7:12 PM)  

That is awesome Talia!! Thanks so much for sharing this!!

<3

Kathryn  – (August 30, 2012 at 9:56 AM)  

Awesome story!! Thanks so much for sharing!

Kara Klarabelle Siert  – (August 30, 2012 at 12:41 PM)  

This is a great post! I agree with Kathryn, thanks for sharing!

Molly Marie  – (August 30, 2012 at 1:37 PM)  

So inspiring Talia :) Yes, life is full of choices, as I have been learning lately, but I have REALLY been learning that the biggest thing is choosing how we react to unpleasant situations.

~Molly~
mollyslittlecorner.blogspot.com

Kara  – (September 4, 2012 at 10:15 AM)  

I awarded you on my blog Talia! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP