If We're Gonna Be Friends...

{inspired by Jocee, who posted a post like this on her blog}

...you should know that...

-I almost always walk up stairs on my tiptoes. I don't know why; it's just natural.
-I have at least one tuna sandwich a week.
-I'm a big-time procrastinator.
-When I ask someone a question and they answer with a funny answer or a joke, I say, "I mean really."
-I smile when I draw smiling people. I don't always realize I'm doing it, either. I'm just trying to imagine what I want the smile to look like.
-When I hear a song with outstanding vocals, I just bask in it for a minute. It's, like, ear candy.
-I don't hold my pencils and pens "correctly." I rest them on my ring finger instead of my middle finger.
-I feel like when I swim I can "escape the world." Under the water, you can't hear all the noises that are above the water.
-I don't think stupid or corny jokes are funny.
-I can think of a song for a lot of situations. Oftentimes, I start singing it, too :-).
-I know a lot of movie quotes - mostly from Disney movies.
-When I was a kid, I was afraid of automatic toilets.
-I don't like sharks. They scare me.
-I loved the Tigger Movie when I was young. Talking about it makes me want to watch it.
-I was obsessed with Webkinz for a little while. I've got 29, the latest one being a midnight monster named Sully, Jr.
-I was also obsessed with Tinker Bell. I still really like her (though I no longer claim to be "the biggest Tinker Bell fan in the world.")
-I love big, sparkly dresses. I would totally love to get a full makeover - hair, clothes, makeup.
-I'm not like most of my friends. I usually have opposing opinions, interests, and likes to my friends.
-I'm tired of almost every secular song being about "love," "romance," and "sex." C'mon, people.
-I taught myself how to use my vibrato by shaking my head up and down when I sang (it worked).
-I can't wait for NaNoWriMo 2012 to get going.
-I usually keep my feelings to myself. I'm not one to cry a lot. Sure, I'll tell you if I'm ticked at you (most of the time), but I'm not overly emotional.
-I'd say I'm 60% introvert, and 40% extrovert, if that's possible...

Your turn! Comment with the link to your post!

post signature

abigail grace {life with grace and faith}  – (August 23, 2012 at 2:52 PM)  

This was such a neat post! :)
I don't hold my pens correctly, either. I have no idea how I got into that habit...

Shelley  – (August 23, 2012 at 3:15 PM)  

Nice post! Very interesting list of things about yourself! :)

Molly Marie  – (August 23, 2012 at 3:42 PM)  

Awesomest. Post. Ever! Seriously though, this was awesome :)
I may just do a post like this....
Oh, and by the way, I may just use your method of vabrato to teach myself. Me, my mom, and sister usually sing in church, and I am the only one of them who can't :)

~Molly~
mollyslittlecorner.blogspot.com

Talia  – (August 23, 2012 at 5:31 PM)  

LOL! I didn't know I was holding it "wrong" until recently, but it's just so much more comfortable.

Talia  – (August 23, 2012 at 5:32 PM)  

Thanks! Oh, and the vibrato thing...it works! At least, it worked for me. I did the shaking-head-up-&-down thing until I got used to it and figured out how to just do it without shaking. Your throat can't be tight- it has to be open. Does that make sense? Like, relax your throat.

Hope that helps!

Rachel  – (August 24, 2012 at 10:36 AM)  

I did it. It was so fun!

Here's the site:
singingpurplefeathers.blogspot.com

Kara Klarabelle Siert  – (August 25, 2012 at 5:26 PM)  

Aw, this is so cute! I smile when I'm drawing smiling people too!

Cindi  – (August 26, 2012 at 9:23 PM)  

Thank you so utterly much for your comment! I really needed that, and it encouraged me more than you will ever know! It means so much to me! Thank you, Dearie! I think this blog is amazing! what a great ministry you have here! :) Thanks again!

xo,
Cindi

Talia  – (August 27, 2012 at 10:08 AM)  

@Cindi - oh, you're so welcome, dear! I LOVE your blog. Your photography is phenomenal.

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP