Girlz Like You Interviews: Natalia L., 13

(picture courtesy Natalia)

Natalia from "The Journal of Natalia Rose" (a blog I love) has generously agreed to do an interview for us! Thanks so much, Natalia! {see more interviews}


Tell us a little about yourself:
Hi, there! I'm Natalia.  I'm thirteen years old, homeschooled, a Christian, and the oldest of five.

What are some of your hobbies?
I love playing guitar, reading, taking pictures, hanging out with my friends, blogging and working on Project 147.

When did you get saved?
I became a Christian when I was six years old. Lots of people at my church were publicly declaring their acceptance of Christ by getting baptized, and hearing their stories of becoming saved got me thinking about letting Jesus into my heart. I vaguely remember asking my parents (and some other adults who played a special role in my life) questions, praying, and even though I was young, it was the best decision ever.

What is one thing you have learned this year?
This is extremely tough.  This year has been one of the busiest and life-changing years for me, and a couple times I have really had my heart broken.  Yet through these trials, I am reminded of something I heard at a youth group one night. It's just a cheesy little thing I heard, but it's totally true.

God never wastes a hurt. 

This really stuck out to me, and comes to my mind a lot.  Sometimes things happen to us that seem like horrible, unfair things.  But God never wastes a hurt, and works for our good because of His love for us.

What is your favorite thing about God?
His love.  My friends and I will argue at times, my family and I will not be getting along, but God will always love me.  I am astounded that someone can have so much compassion and love for a broken mess like me.

What is your favorite way to serve God?
My favorite way to serve God is by telling others the gospel.  I love to use the gifts God has blessed me with to glorify Him, and I think it's awesome when people use their assets for serving God.

Tell us about your blog.
My blog just started off as a place to rant about everything going on in my life. All my thoughts, all the things that filled my days, things I liked, all my pictures. Now I'm really hoping to make it into something bigger. I actually am on a blogging break right now, but I hope to "relaunch" soon and make it a place on the Internet that other people can be inspired by, as I've recently realized that it's one other way I can show others Christ's love.

What is the main goal of your blog?
Well, I am constantly changing it, but right now for me it's to glorify my Savior.  I'd love to be able to point others to Him through my words.

What is your favorite Bible verse and why?
This is incredibly tough.  I am always finding new ones I love, and trying to live out old ones I've known all my life.  One that really speaks to me is 1 Timothy 4:12. "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in faith, in love and in purity."

I think that this is a really amazing verse. To think that God can use me at a young age as an example is almost overwhelming. 

Who is your #1 inspiration?
Hands down, Jesus Christ.  He died for us.

What is your view on purity and courtship?
I think it really is important to keep your heart protected and save yourself physically and emotionally for one special person.  I personally have chosen to stay pure until after marriage, and my hope is that other girls will choose that road as well.  I also believe that courtship is a lot better than just dating to date.  I'm only thirteen, so it's only been in the past few months I've begun to think about these things, but I definitely know that I don't want to just go from guy to guy giving out pieces of my heart.

What is your view on modesty?
Modesty is another thing I had never given much thought to until recently. But I do think it's a very good idea to dress modestly.  I don't think we should dress to draw attention to ourselves. I always make sure I dress in clothes that are pleasing to others (and most of all, to God.)

What do you think about having guys as friends?
I have always had guys who are friends, and I think it can be a wonderful thing if they're Christians and are really just friends. But I always make sure it's in a group setting when I hang out with them, because once again, I don't want to become attached to a certain person when there will be time for that when I'm older.

What was the best week of your life?
I have had many awesome weeks in my life. Most of them have been times when I've felt closest to Christ -- I actually just had a great week like that when I went to Harrisburg for my missions trip.  Anytime I go somewhere with my youth group it always leaves an impact on me.  Some other great weeks have been while traveling to places like Ohio, Niagara Falls... anything different seems to stick out to me as a great week.

Do you have any advice for girls on life, faith, or guys?
Turn to Christ. Pray, read the Bible. He is always, always the answer.

Thank you so much!
Thank YOU. It's a pleasure <3 p="p">
Be sure to check out Natalia's blog!

Kara  – (August 9, 2012 at 1:06 PM)  

I awarded you on my blog Saved By Grace!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP