Breakfast in Bed (and some rambles)

My family is the best in the world. Seriously. My younger brother is so sweet...this morning, he thought up the idea to make my sisters and I breakfast in bed. So, he presented the idea to my mom, and the two made and brought us cinnamon toast, fried eggs, and Snapple tea. It was delicious! Thanks, Elias!

On another note, I am now back from Hawaii. I had a really great time! I'll have to post pics soon. The best parts were seeing turtles in the ocean and surfing. That was pretty stinkin' cool. I almost stood up on my first try, and it only took me a couple more tries to get it. It was so much fun riding the waves! There is no feeling like when the wave picks up your board, and it's moving by itself! The water at that beach was shallow and there were rocks below, so my knees got pretty scraped up, but it was worth it. The scrapes on my knees are a good reminder of the fun time I had! Haha! Thanks to my aunt for taking the lesson with me ;). I had a blast.

You could kind of say I kept getting hurt in Hawaii. Haha! But that didn't take away from the fun. I ran into a sliding glass door, broke my flip-flop, finally fixed my flip flop and lost the other flip-flop at the beach (found it on the way back, though!), hit my toe on a rock that broke off a piece of my toenail (ouch!), banged my knees on the rocks (as well as part of both my hands), bruised my stomach, and got majorly sunburned on my back, legs, and arms. But yes, it was a blast.

Some exciting news concerning the Hunger Games has surfaced today. All you Hunger Games fans who have read Catching Fire will (maybe???) be excited about this...

Finnick Odair has been cast!

I was pretty excited when my sister let me know. I was wondering who it would be for a while. The actor playing Finnick Odair in Catching Fire (coming out in November of 2013...I know, so far away :P) is Sam Claflin. You may know him from Pirates of the Caribbean 4 (never seen it, but heard he's in it) or Snow White and the Huntsman (he plays William, Snow's childhood best friend). Some of the other characters have been cast already, like Johanna Mason, Mags, Wiress, Gloss, Cashmere, and Enobaria, to name a few. I don't remember all the names, so you can Google them if you wanna find out :). There's a rumor floating around that Tony Shalhoub (Monk) is currently at the top of the list for Beetee choices. I am pretty excited at the possibility of him being in the movie. I love his acting in Monk! I hope they pick someone good to play Annie (Finnick's love). I have heard some people say they want that Zooey Deschanel (or whatever her name is) to play her, but...I don't. Not really, anyhoo. Not a big Zooey fan. I'm hoping a less familiar actress will play Annie. That way I won't think about the other movies they were in.

Wow, ^that was a long ramble about the Hunger Games. I guess I'm just excited about the next movie and the fact that Finnick Odair has been cast and he's not an actor I despise! Whoot whoot!

On a closing note, yesterday was my parents' anniversary. Happy anniversary, you two! I love you very much! Your marriage and the way you live your lives is so good for me to see...you are both such good examples for me and the rest of the family. Your marriage clearly shows the marriage God wants for every couple. LOVE YOU!!! 


What do you think of the casting for Finnick? Who do you think should play Beetee and Annie? Have you ever tried surfing? How was that experience?
post signature

Talia  – (August 22, 2012 at 2:01 PM)  

Wait, just realized...is Annie in Catching Fire? Or just Mockingjay?

Rachel  – (August 22, 2012 at 5:09 PM)  

well, i just saw the first Hunger Games film, and loved it! hoping to buy it soon. i like zac efron, but when i heard he might be cast as finnick, i kinda freaked cuz i didn't think he would be good portraying his character. i actually don't know who sam claflin is, but i agree with you that zooey deschanel would not be a good choice to portray annie. i absolutely love the hunger games, and can't wait for catching fire to come out!

Talia  – (August 23, 2012 at 12:08 PM)  

@Rachel - oh boy, I was SO glad Zac Efron was not cast. He is not my favorite actor (although I used to be a HUGE high school musical fan ;)..haha).

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP