Worldview Academy

I just got back from Worldview, and let me be the first to tell you...

IT WAS AMAZING.

Seriously. The staff was great, my small group was great, the lectures were great, the games were great, the staff skits were great.

I don't know how I'll be able to tell you about everything, because SO MUCH happened! But, I shall try to summarize one of the best weeks of my life :-)!

Monday we arrived at the campus and the staff "attacked" our van (which means they waved and screamed and took all our gear to our dorms). We unpacked our stuff, made our beds, and checked out the dorms (I got to room with two of my friends and a really nice girl in our small group) then went to orientation, which was really fun! We then got to meet our small group and small group leader and played a couple of games with them. At first everyone was a little shy in our small group, but by the end of the week we were laughing and linking arms and telling each other "I love you." I love each of those girls so much. I loved spending time with my small group. That was one of my favorite parts of the whole week. Plus, I loved our leader, Julie. She was great! She really loves the LORD and desires to serve Him, and you can clearly see it in her life!

Every day of the week we had lectures by three different speakers. They were all fabulous! One time, one of the speakers came in and pretended to be a Muslim. He answered all of our questions and knew SO much about Islam and the Quran, and he had a fake accent that was totally convincing! I totally thought he was a for-real Muslim! I was, like, praying for him to be converted! HAHAHA! Then he turned around and revealed his identity...one of the speakers withOUT an accent, ha! :) That was one of my favorite lectures. I also really enjoyed another lecture by that speaker about the validity of the Bible. It gave evidence that the Bible was real, and I will have to share some of that with you guys soon!

Tuesday was the talent night. Each small group had to participate. Julie had the idea of us dressing up and doing 80's aerobics. HA! I was not so psyched about that idea, but I went along with it, and I had a great time! So much fun! I also loved seeing the other acts. Some of the dorky ones made me feel better that we did silly aerobics. Haha!

Wednesday was the Evangelism Practicum, where we went out into the city and evangelized. I loved it! We were split into small groups of two girls and a guy or two guys and two girls, then we went out and evangelized and shared God's love for 45 minutes. I wish it could have been longer. I went out with Rachel and Carl, and we talked to a buddhist man who was VERY set in his beliefs. He didn't, like, become a Christian or anything, but it was a good conversation, and we were able to defend our faith! We also met a Christian lady, but could only talk for a few minutes because her bus arrived.

That night after the last lecture of the night, some of the girls' leaders did a surprise just for our small group. I felt so special! They put up pink streamers, brought candy, and did our hair and nails. It was so much fun!

The staff skits the whole week were hilarious. My favorite was "Worldview's Got Talent." They announced that the singing group "The Direction" would be performing for a chance to advance in the competition. The guy staff members came out and acted dorky and lip-synced to "What Makes You Beautiful" by One Direction. It was absolutely HILARIOUS.

Thursday was the last day, and it was one of my favorites. We were each put on a color team (I was on the epic blue team) and given t-shirts. We were all screaming and cheering for our teams, and it was so much fun. We did a relay and a cheer competition. Red team won the cheer competition and blue team (the team I was on) won the relay. We got second in all for the whole week (there was trivia and stuff to get points for your team). Green team won the "Spamley Cup." The staff put on a hilarious skit to announce the winner...a skit that involved an evil villain covered in a black sheet who revealed with his dying breath that he was Justin Bieber. I thought he said "Just a beaver," so I didn't get why everyone was cracking up, haha! Later I asked my friend, "Was 'just a beaver' from a movie or something? Is it from Narnia?" She was like, "TALIA! It's 'Justin Bieber'!" That made much more sense...sort of??? Haha!

Thursday night, our small group leader told us to bring our pillows and Bibles and to come to a small meeting room in the girls' dorm. She provided the food (brownies & m&m's and pretzels and peanut butter), then announced that we were going to be reading through Esther. We all thought she was totally serious, so we opened our Bibles and had barely read the first word when she jumped up, screamed "Pillow fight!", and chucked a pillow at one of the girls. We were all shocked, so we just stared at her. It was so awkward and SOOO funny! She was like, "I've never gotten that reaction before! We can read Esther if you want." But we all decided it would be a blast to have a pillow fight! And it WAS! It was so much fun.

Friday morning we packed up, had a closing lecture that the parents attended, watched the camp video (which I might put on here once it's up online), packed up, said our tearful goodbyes, and headed home (I slept for part of it).

I had an amazing week, and I totally want to go back.

I'd totally recommend Worldview Academy!
post signature

Madeline  – (July 28, 2012 at 3:49 PM)  

Hi Talia! I nominated you:
http://katiesdollworld.blogspot.com/2012/07/your-blog-is-great-award.html

Kara Klarabelle Siert  – (July 29, 2012 at 6:23 AM)  

"I'm just a beaver!" :)
Sounds like you had an AMAZING time! Thanks for sharing about it! That's so neat you were able to evangelize for 45 mins. ...that rocks! Wow! Well I'm so glad you were able to go... sounds like you learned a lot and had a ton of fun too!

Soleil  – (July 29, 2012 at 8:39 AM)  

Worldview camp sounds really exciting! I laughed at some of the spots (like the one about your leader saying she never got that response before when she started a pillow fight) Were was the camp?
Soleil
http://thoughtsfromadaughterofgod.blogspot.com/

Michal  – (July 29, 2012 at 12:03 PM)  

I'm glad you had a great time! One of my friends actually also went to Worldview last month, and she said it was really cool! I'd like to go with her next year but I LOVE going to Super Summer. :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP