Girlz Like You Interviews: Michal Garza, 14

{Girlz Like You Interviews}

I've had the privilege of getting to know Michal a bit through e-mail and by visiting her blog. She is a beautiful young woman of God, and I am so excited that she agreed to do this interview! Thanks so much, Michal!


Tell us a little about yourself.
The first thing you should know about me is that I love Jesus Christ and I want to love Him more every day of my life. When I'm older, I'd like to either go into the medical field or go into ministry. Basically I just want to have a job where I am helping people. In 2010, I was hospitalized for three months due to stomach problems. I'd always had terrible stomach aches, but it got to the point where I was no longer eating anything. It took a lot of time to recover, but the Lord was with me the whole time. He literally saved me from death. Because of that experience, I have come to know that life is a precious gift, and I don't want to waste mine. No matter what happens, I'll be happy as long as I'm pointing people to Christ.

What are some of your hobbies?
I love writing, and I've always loved reading. At home I have a huge collection of books! I also really like singing. Music just makes me feel alive. I love listening to worship music, but I also really enjoy country and opera, as crazy as that sounds. Ever since I've watched The Phantom Of The Opera, I haven't been able to stop singing the songs! And as for country music, Carrie Underwood has always been my favorite singer to listen to. 


When did you get saved?
I became a Christian on March 30, 2005. I had always grown up in a Christian home and gone to church, but I never really "got it" until I was seven. Our church was having a Revival, and one of the speakers was talking about just how much God loves us. He sent His Son, Jesus, to die on the cross and take away our sins. Because He did that for us, if we ask God to forgive us of our sins and to be the Lord of our life, we can be sure that we will go to Heaven when we die. We can also have the joy of having a relationship with the Lord, and knowing that He will always be there for us. Once I realized that, my eyes were opened to how much I needed God in my life. I prayed for Jesus to come into my heart and to forgive me of all my sins. Since then, I've never been the same! Jesus is the only one who can give true love and peace, and I found that in Him. He is the only one worth living for! He's changed my life.  


What is one thing you have learned this year?
The number one thing I've learned this year is to stay focused on God. Don't allow Satan to distract you. What are some things in your life that aren't bringing God glory? What are some things that are maybe holding you back from God? Towards the end of this school year, I began to focus more on boys and other things rather than on witnessing. It just wasn't a priority anymore, and for a while I even stopped reading my Bible. To prevent that from happening, I would say to just be alert and focus on the Word each day. If you aren't doing so well, don't get discouraged. Just keep trying, and each day look for every opportunity to show Christ's love.

What is your favorite thing about God?
My favorite thing about God is that He's so loving. Even when we completely ignore Him and disappoint Him, He is always ready for us to return to Him. I mean, think about it: Jesus loved us enough to die! Through His death, we live. We don't deserve an ounce of God's grace, but because He is so good and forgiving, we have been made righteous through the blood of Christ. I think that's amazing! 


What is your favorite way to serve God?
I don't really think I have a favorite way. I do like encouraging people when they are going through a hard time, and I also like doing service projects. Really, it's just whatever God places before me. Lately I've really been wanting to go on a mission trip, but I am continuing to pray about it. I believe that even in your home or your community, you can still do great things for God. Don't wait until you are older to live a legacy; Start right here, right now. It kinda makes me think of that Tobymac song, City On Our Knees...haha.

Tell us about your blog, Inside Out.
I started my blog, Inside Out, a while back last year. I haven't been into the blogging world as much I used to be, but I recently started posting again. I love doing tags and posting pictures of my favorite movies and stuff like that, but lately I've decided to write more meaningful posts. I want my blog to speak to readers, and I want to encourage them to live for the Lord as best I can.

What is the main goal of your blog?
"Learning to love God from the inside out." The name and purpose of my blog was inspired by Kristian Stanfill's song, From The Inside Out. We sang it at camp last year, and it really spoke to me. My blog is basically a journal of my struggles and strengths, as I learn to love God from the inside out. Hopefully, it might be able to encourage other people.

What is your favorite Bible verse and why?
That's a hard one. I have a lot of favorites, but one of them is Psalm 37:4. It says,"Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart." A close friend of our family gave this verse to me, and it meant a lot. I think it's saying that as you seek after God, He will not necessarily do everything you want, but instead He will change your desires to fit His desires. We just have to trust Him, because he does know what He's doing.

Who is your #1 inspiration?
My number one inspiration is BJ Higgins. He was an incredible 15-year old who served God as a missionary in Peru, until he caught an illness and died in 2005. MercyMe wrote a song inspired by him, called I Would Die For You. His parents, Brent and Dianna Higgins, also wrote a book about his life with the same name as the song. I highly recommend reading it. It has been the most inspiring book I've ever read and really challenged me to live out my faith. BJ's journal entires are amazing. Even when he was back home from Peru, he was on fire for God.

What is your view on purity and courtship?
I definitely believe in purity, and I think it's extremely important that we girls remain pure not just physically, but also in our thoughts. If you want to court, I think that's great, but I also have nothing against dating. However, I do not think we even should be thinking about guys until we are at least sixteen. These next few years are precious, so spend them growing closer to God and your friends, not thinking about boys all the time. If God wants you to marry, he will put the right guy in your life at the right time.

What is your view on modesty?
Like purity, I think modesty is just as equally important. I want to dress in such a way that it satisfies both my parents and God. If I'm wearing a v-neck, I try to make sure it's not too low. When I wear shorts, I make sure they are fingertip length. When it comes to swimsuits, I prefer not to wear a bikini. You can still find many two-piece swim suits that are not bikinis, and they still look cute. Drawing attention to your body is just completely unnecessary. Some girls might not care about modesty, but consider this: Why are you dressing the way you are? If it's to attract attention from guys so they will "like" you, it will not last. Do you really want a guy who will like you just for your body, anyway? To help discern what it modest and what isn't, I would recommend talking it over with your parents. If you go to a summer Christian camp, try following their dress code. I find that it helps.

What do you think about having guys as friends?
Personally, I'm okay with it. One of my best friends happens to be guy, and he's practically like a brother. I think it's fine as long as you have other girl friends. A lot of girls miss out on some great friendships with guys because they are afraid of what it might become later. If that time does come, just pray about it. But for now enjoy guys as friends. It's not like you'll be marrying anytime soon anyway, so don't worry about if someone likes you or not. Treat guys as brothers.

Thanks so much for interviewing me, Talia! Hope you like my answers! :)

Thank you so much, Michal!

Stay tuned for more Girlz Like You interviews coming soon!

Alexandra Marie  – (August 5, 2012 at 8:47 PM)  

Following! Really excited about your blog!alex
tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP