What I Thought I Wanted

When I was little, I dreamed about being a ballerina and an artist when I grew up. That was always what I wanted to do, and I knew that that was what I was going to do.

(picture taken by my dad)

But then I got older. I stopped ballet. I didn't draw as much. My interests began to change. I "discovered" the computer and found out that I like messing with HTML. I bought my first camera, a Kodak EasyShare that was under $100. I started a blog. I self-published my first and second book. I decided that when I got older (and even when I was young) I wanted to be a photographer, writer, and maybe a web designer.

Things change. People change. I thought I was sure of my future career when I was seven years old, but I changed. I don't think God's future for me holds a ballet career, or being an artist. Those areas are simply not where I feel led.

And who knows? Maybe my interests will change again (although I doubt it at the moment ☺). I won't know until then,

The point is, maybe God has something different for you than you think. When I was seven, I thought being a ballerina was the best thing in the world. But now that I'm older and I love writing and photography, I can't imagine better occupations. I realized that I am gifted in writing and photography, but not as much in ballet or art, although I do still enjoy art.

Maybe God has something better planned for you than you can imagine at the moment. Be open to His plan, because it most certainly is the best one.

When I know that I know what You have down the road, when I'm sure that I've figured you out - help me see that I'm small, that I can't know it all, 'cause You're so unpredictable. - Unpredictable, Francesca Battistelli
post signature

Godsgirlz1  – (June 5, 2012 at 1:15 PM)  

Hi Talia!

I was wondering if you would like to guest post on my blog toward the end of this month. You could post anything you wanted to as long as it had a Biblical theme.

Please get back to me soon.

Godsgirlz1

Emma  – (June 5, 2012 at 2:21 PM)  

I love this post!! When I was little I would always say I wanted to be a dog...hehe. Now that I realize that isn't really possible, I want to be an artist. :)

Kristiana  – (June 5, 2012 at 3:13 PM)  

When I was little I wanted to be a ballerina and while I still enjoy dancing I know that it isn't what the Lord wants me to do forever. But the neat thing is, is that I have always wanted to be a missionary. Ever since I was little my parents said that I would tell them I wanted to be a teacher and teach all the little kids in mexico and while I'm not exactly yet sure what kind of mission work the Lord has in store for me I know that it is still part of His plan. Thanks for sharing this Talia!! <3

Kathryn  – (June 6, 2012 at 7:11 AM)  

Yep! I know what you mean! Even when I did write a lot when I was little, I always wanted to be an actress. Yes! I loved being the skits at my Patch the Pirate Club at church, and I gained the nickname "The Drama Queen". I figured I would be an actress in plays when I grew up.
Uh, then something happened. That vision of me up on a stage kinda changed to me being a writer. A few other things came into my mind from then, and until now, and I really feel God wants me to continue writing. Even if I never become an author one day.
Whoa, thanks for letting my ramble!

Godsgirlz1  – (June 6, 2012 at 2:27 PM)  

P.S. I awarded you! http://godsgirlz1.wordpress.com/2012/06/06/awarded-again

Shelley  – (June 7, 2012 at 6:37 PM)  

I'm in high school and I find that there's so much pressure these days for us to figure out what we want to be and what we want to do with our lives. I'm sure I know what I want to be, but like you said, I have to remember to be open towards change because God's plan is way better than my own. :) Great post Talia!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP