One Truth

I've seen many blog posts and heard many people say that Christians are close-minded, judgemental people.

I've heard people rant that Christians aren't open to others' beliefs and are so set in their beliefs that they won't listen to what someone else says about their beliefs.

While, sadly, some Christians can be judgemental at times (myself included), I felt the need to explain why we appear so "close-minded."

It's because we have already found the truth.

I know that sounds cheesy, untrue, sappy, made-up...whatever. But it's true.

For those of you theology nuts (I rather like theology myself), simply saying "because it's true" may not be enough for you. So allow me to elaborate.

Many nonchristians argue that since they don't believe in hell, they won't go there when they die. They believe that they will go wherever they believe in (or that nothing will happen to them). Let's say you were doing a math problem - a simple one, 2+2. You could believe with all your heart that 2+2 equals nine, but it would be factually incorrect. Four is the ONLY answer to 2+2 (no exceptions).

Here's another example. Say that you believe you can fly (♪I believe I can fly/I believe I can touch the sky♪) - without an airplane or a jet back or anything like that. You could go on the roof, spread your arms, and leap off, but you wouldn't fly. You'd go ker-splat and fall on the ground (and most likely break a few bones...ouch!)

I could go on and on about this, but for now I'll leave you with this:

Jesus Christ is the One and only Truth - He is the correct answer to the equation of life, whether you believe it or not.
post signature

Britt  – (June 30, 2012 at 4:24 PM)  

Great post Talia!! This is so true! Great thoughts and thanks for posting this!!

Kathryn  – (June 30, 2012 at 4:24 PM)  

Amen! Wonderful post, Talia!!!

Rachel Hipps  – (July 2, 2012 at 10:41 AM)  

I know that in my comments i made on The Radical Measure: A Talk on Homosexuality may have made me sound like I hate Christians and that I think they are close minded people, but I don't. I don't at all!

All I want is for my beliefs to be respected. :)

AGLOVERELIZABETH  – (July 4, 2012 at 1:51 PM)  

I love this post. I love it so much.

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP