Girlz Like You Interivew: Emma Claire, 15

For my Girlz Like You Interviews, I look for girls who are really living for the Lord and have a heart for Him. I was thinking of girls I could ask to interview, and this lovely young lady came to mind. She blogs at be lovely, a wonderful, genuine, authentic blog that I absolutely love. (Go follow! The followers box is on the bottom if you scroll all the way down) She is such an amazing young lady with a heart for the Lord, and I hope you will be as blessed by this interview as I am!

Tell us a little about yourself:
Hey!  I'm Emma Claire from be lovely.  I'm fifteen years old with a passion for photography, orphans, and adoption.  I love the Lord with all my heart. 

What are some of your hobbies?
Photography, guitar, competitive swimming.

When did you get saved?
I was seven years old.  I was sitting on the floor with my mom and brother, and I remember asking a million questions about Jesus and the Cross, and then my mother asked if I was ready to accept Christ.  We prayed, and I felt so happy that God had entered my life -- even at such a young age.

What is one thing you have learned this year?
 That God is good all the time.  No matter what, He is good.  It was a hard year for me, but He helped me get through it, with a lot of lessons learned.  I also learned that patience is a beautiful thing.  And that trusting in God is the only answer - even when God isn't answering your prayers the way you want...just keep trusting. 
What is your favorite thing about God?
 I love how He is always there.  Many people will come and go, but He will never leave my side.  I love that I can trust Him.  When something in my life is going wrong, I'm learning to not worry about it, because God's got it under control, and I want what He wants.  Which means whatever it is He chooses to do will bring glory and honor to Him - and that's what I want :)
What is your favorite way to serve God?
I love the mission field.  I have such a heart for it.  I think my favorite way to serve the Lord would be mission work.  I love orphans and Africa, so I think if the Lord let me choose to do anything to serve Him, I would choose working with orphans for His glory :)

Tell us about your blog, be lovely.
I'm loud and crazy and I love talking, and be lovely is my space for all the meaningful stuff in my life.  My house is always fun and loud, but there is a lot that happens in my heart and mind that I don't say out loud; that all goes on the blog.  It's become a lot more than I thought it would be when I first started it.  When I began, I dreamt that it would get huge and tons of people would read it everyday, but I've realized that that's not what I want.  It's merely a journal to me, and writing new posts for my blog is one of my favorite things in the world - it really is. 

What is the main goal of your blog?
To reach out to people.  To encourage them.  The reason I blog is not for fun or to document life.  Sure, all that stuff is amazing, but at the end of the day, writing meaningful things that could possibly impact people's lives is my favorite thing.  I love to hear that my writing has impacted someone's life.  It's my favorite thing.

What is your favorite Bible verse and why?
One of my favorites is Zephaniah 3:17 "The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing" The reason this verse is one of my favorites is because it's just telling us how good our God is.  When I'm sad or down about something, this verse has a way to cheer me up.  Something about it takes over my whole mind, and when I'm sad or worried about something, when it says His love will quiet us, it makes me feel so content that the Lord is in control of everything. 
Who is your #1 inspiration?
Jesus Christ!  I know how cliche that sounds, but I truly mean it.  The example He set for us is unexplainable.  The sacrifice is the kind that I want to practice in my own life.

What is your view on purity and courtship?
 I believe purity is a really important part of being a young person.  Personally, I've decided to stay pure, and I definitely think it is something that God would want us to do, too.  My family has chosen to do courtship - or purposeful dating - and I think that it's the most Biblical alternative to dating.  I think it's the perfect way to get to know the person without getting yourself into something that you shouldn't - as a young person.  So, I would say that I think courtship is a good alternative :)
What is your view on modesty?
I think modesty is a big deal for young women.  I believe that if you get your heart in the right place, the desire to be modest will fall after it.  I think we, as young women, need to think about what we're wearing and why we're wearing it.  If you're wearing super short shorts, what's the purpose?  So to me, before I wear something, I try to ask myself why.  If it's to get someone's attention, then I would say my heart is not in the right place.  So for me, modesty is one of the best ways to glorify God through what I choose to wear.
What do you think about having guys as friends?
 I think it is perfectly fine.  I have many guy friends, and I don't see it as a big deal.  After all, I do believe that any guy you want to pursue should be your best friend before anything else.  But I would say that we, as girls, need to be careful and not take things too far.  But I definitely think that it's okay to have guys as friends :)

Emma, thank you so much for doing this interview! You are truly an inspiring girl.
p.s. More Girlz Like You Interviews coming soon!

(Picture courtesy Emma Claire)

Brooke  – (June 29, 2012 at 12:30 PM)  

Emma is very inspiring;I already follow her blog! This interview was awesome-I can't wait for more.:)


http://jumping4jesus.blogspot.com/

Kianna Rose  – (July 2, 2012 at 3:56 PM)  

I am so encouraged to read this post! This interview was amazing and you asked some really great questions. "Meeting" other godly young ladies is always an inspiration for me!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP