Duct Tape

I love duct tape.
I just got into duct tape last year, and I just love it! There are endless possibilities for what you can make with duct tape (for example: a wallet, purse, shoes, tie, vest, hat, flower, glasses, flip flops...).

The other day, my dad got me some polka-dot duct tape that is just the cutest! By yesterday, it was all gone. I used it to make shoes!


I really like wearing them around the house! They're quite comfortable, actually (although not very supportive)! I looked up a tutorial online. (there are TONS of duct tape tutorials online if you google "duct tape ideas" or "crafts") They were fairly simple to make, but they look a little funky :-). The ends were just a little too wide. I had to use some grey duct tape for the inside of the second shoe because I didn't have much polka-dot duct tape left, so if you make shoes out of duct tape, I'd suggest getting two rolls (unless your feet are, like, ten feet long! In that case, you would need more rolls of duct tape...but I'm assuming your feet aren't ten feet long...)

Sika saw the shoes and wanted some, so I made some for her using some pink and pink zebra stripe duct tape I already had. She loves them! She loves that we both have duct tape shoes, and we like to wear them at the same time! (sorry for bad lighting in the pictures)


I've also made two purses out of duct tape. I really like the first one, but the strap wasn't strong enough, so it broke :'(. Sad day.

So, this has been a random post about duct tape. Haha! I just thought I'd share this with you.
Also, a couple random notes...
THIS post on Bleah's blog is awesome, and I totally agree with it. Check it out!
I posted HERE on Project 147, and I hope you'll go check it out. I posted a really impacting video.

Have you made anything out of duct tape before? Do you like duct tape? What should I make next? (that is, when I get more...I'm all out :P. WAITTTT, no! I think I have some Hello Kitty duct tape! SCORRRRE! Okay, enough celebrating, Talia...)
post signature

Rachel  – (June 20, 2012 at 4:04 PM)  

haha, cool designs
just today I saw hello kitty duct tape. thought it was cute.
--Rachel s

Meena Kat  – (June 20, 2012 at 6:23 PM)  

awesome! the only thing i've made was a water bottle carrier at camp.

Rose  – (June 21, 2012 at 5:55 AM)  

I love duct tape too! :D It's SO much fun!

I love those shoes!

Erynn  – (June 21, 2012 at 7:13 AM)  

Please share a tutorial about how to make those shoes!! I have lots of duct tape and would love to use it with that!!! PLEASE?????

Ali  – (June 21, 2012 at 9:16 AM)  

Wow those polka dot toms look great.

Ali

Kianna Rose  – (June 22, 2012 at 2:55 PM)  

Love it! What a great idea! I should try this:) I haven't experimented with duck tape... my thing right now is paint chips:)

Thanks for sharing this.

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP