Blogity Tips

I'm certainly not a blog expert, and if anyone were to call me that I would laugh, but I thought I'd give my two cents on what I've learned from experience and reading other blogs in the two years I've been in the Blogity world. I hope you'll be able to get something out of these tips, and if you have any, I'd love to hear them too, so share away!
{1} Be yourself. One thing I found uber annoying is when Bloggers try too hard to be like the "popular" blogs...having giveaways nearly every week, posting Pinterest pictures and vintage finds...you know what I'm talking about. (I'm not saying that if you like posting Pinterest pics and hosting giveaways you are necessarily conforming. Haha!) Just be yourself. Post about what interests YOU, what YOU believe in, things YOU like. I'm more likely to follow a blog with an authentic author than one who tries too hard to be like someone else. Like a quote I found on Pinterest says: "Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

{2} Use Spellcheck. This isn't a must, but I often find it distracting when someone posts something awesome, but most of the words are misspelled.

{3} Get a design you like. There are so many bloggers nowadays that will give you a design for free if you ask, so if you don't know how to design, ask around and see if you can get a cute design you like.

{4} Don't beg other bloggers to follow you. I will most likely NOT want to follow someone's blog if they post a comment like this:

Hey, i'm new on blogger and can you please follow my blog?

Copy your blog URL and comment around at other blogs - genuine comments. Then paste your comment at the end. You won't be begging for people to follow you, but they will still get your blog link :-).

I hope these few blog tips have been helpful to you! Remember, I'd love to hear yours as well.

post signature

Rachel  – (June 16, 2012 at 8:10 PM)  

Great tips! Especially the one about being yourself! So true. Just wanted to say that your blog is one of my favorites. It is a Godly blog that gives true insight to the life of a Godly woman-to-be! I love reading all your posts! Keep on writing!

Meena Kat  – (June 17, 2012 at 10:34 AM)  

i did do the, new blogger, could you follow, thing for a while. it worked. but not as much as the link to my sites at the bottom. also, another tip, take the word verification off comments. it's annoying!

Talia  – (June 17, 2012 at 1:13 PM)  

Hey Meena! Thanks for the tips!!! Yeah, the word verification gets annoying :P, but I use it because I don't want as many spammers commenting on my blog.

KayleeBeth  – (June 17, 2012 at 1:50 PM)  

Yeah, i find it super annoying when people try and be like the "popular" blogs . . . i know i don't want to follow blog that are all the same, and talk about the same ol' things. It drives me insane when people comment asking you to follow their blog, and when they misspell... the red squiggly line ain't there for nothing!

Marisa Noelle  – (June 19, 2012 at 5:12 AM)  

Like you said, I think the funniest and most irritating thing is seeing the same commenter leave the exact same comment on numerous blogs ie, "cute blog, follow me and I'll follow you." - Not genuine at all and I always think one of the most important things when it comes to blogging is to be 100% genuine whether it be on your blog or commenting on other blogs. All excellent tips and all 100% true:)

AnneKatherine  – (June 19, 2012 at 7:11 PM)  

Hi Talia, thank you for the sweet comment on my blog! I really love your background. I love what you say about homeschoolers in your about page too. :)

www.raspberrycappuccino.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP