Getting my Priorities Straight

I've come to the conclusion that in order for me to attain a daily devotional/prayer life, I need to eliminate whatever it is I am putting in front of God.

Lately, I've been trying to get my priorities straightened out, asking myself what REALLY matters. I'm taking a week-long break from my ipod and main email, because I've found that those two things become obsessive for me, and...I'm tired of it. I'm tired of putting off (and not doing) my quiet times with God because it doesn't sound fun to me at the moment.

So last night, I turned my iPod off and tossed it on one of my desk shelves. This morning, I had Mom wake me up at 7, did my devotions and quiet time, worked out, had breakfast, got my school and all my chores done, and had a better attitude than yesterday (when I was pretty consumed by my iPod).

I've been realizing that certain things I've been chasing after are not worth it. I've allowed other things to consume my time, when really, God is all that matters. He really is.

I've always known this, but just haven't put it into practice: GOD is the One who matters most. Everything else pales in comparison with just the thought of our beautiful Savior. If I'm not spending time with Him on a regular basis, my actions, thoughts, and attitude most likely will not be directed towards and reflecting Him. I don't know about you, but I most certainly DON'T want that to happen. I want to be totally consumed with God every day - thinking about Him every minute, praying before I make any decision or say anything, and be His light to the world. Without God, life isn't worth living. Seriously. Without Him, I have nothing to live for.

God should always be my number ONE priority. I'm very sad to say that He hasn't been lately, but I am setting out to change that, starting now.
post signature

Elisha(:  – (May 24, 2012 at 5:49 PM)  

sooo proud of you!!! very good idea!! :)

x.

Emily  – (May 24, 2012 at 6:44 PM)  

I have recently realized the same thing and I've been really seeking God and asking him what my priorities look like to him and if I'm putting him first, thanks for posting this it really helped me see things a bit better. :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP