The Magic of Music

This weekend has been hectic...but very fun. My sister Haley and I had the chance the participate in a show that explores the many moods of music, called "The Magic of Music." It was extremely fun, and I had such a great time!
There were four other girls in the show - E, M, A, and C - and they all did a great job. They are each very unique and have great voices. I thought their songs fit their voices very well, and the way they interpreted the songs was wonderful.
Each of us had two or more solos. Mine were "Edelweiss" from The Sound of Music, "Here Comes the Sun" by the Beatles, and "Bring Him Home" from Les Miserables. Haley sang "Evergreen" by Barbara Streisand, "Have Your Way" by Britt Nicole, and she led the group number "Somebody to Love" by Queen. The group numbers were "Thank You For the Music" (Abba), "You'll Never Walk Alone" (Carousel), "Somebody to Love" (Queen), and "I Believe" (Ervin Drake). M and I did a duet, "Ain't We Got Fun" (Richard A. Whiting), and Haley and C did a hilarious duet called "Stepsisters' Lament" (Cinderella).
I'd like to thank all of the girls in the show for being so cooperative, friendly, and wonderful! Love you all!
I'd also like to thank Dan, Anita, and Daniel...thank you so much for all you do for us and for your openness to all your suggestions. You put so much work into these shows, and I hope you all had as much fun as I did!

So what did YOU lovely ladies do this weekend?!?!?!

Photobucket

Nicole  – (April 23, 2012 at 3:15 PM)  

I LOVE the new design, Talia!!! It's absolutely amazing! Beautiful pictures! It's gorgeous. ;)

Ooh, sounds like you had a lot of fun! :) I've been SO busy this week - I feel bad that I haven't posted, but I haven't really had time! I was completely busy - no time to blog whatsoever - from Friday evening until Sunday evening. (I went to Acquire the Fire - amazing!!!! - on Fri. & Sat. and had my friend come back with me Sat. night and stay all day Sun.).

Soo...I've had a great time lately, it's just been busy. And then I had testing today. :P Not exactly fun, esp. when you've had WAY too little sleep the last several days.

Well, sorry this comment is so long!! Last thing (which I'm about to do a quick post about on my blog) - could you be praying for my brother? He just got hit in the head with a baseball bat about an hour ago, and my mom took him to an after hours clinic or something. The cut looks small but deep, and he was feeling weird - he couldn't describe it - so we think he may have a concussion. :/ So, your prayers would be awesome! Thanks!

Love and blessings,
Nicole <3 John 5:24

Molly  – (April 23, 2012 at 6:30 PM)  

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE NEW DESIGN!!! I really really do :)
We had a really laid back weekend, which we all need once in a while, and your weekend sounded really great!

~Molly~
mollyslittlecorner.blogspot.com

Sonya Joy  – (April 23, 2012 at 7:04 PM)  

Wow that is alot of music!! I love the new design!! It is so bright and springy.

Congrats on the 137 followers!! wow that was random.

Love,
Sonya

Kara "Klarabelle" Siert  – (April 29, 2012 at 2:32 PM)  

I was just talking to my dad about how you were going to sing "Bring Him Home" - we love that song!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP