Dreams and Reality

I am definitely not a pessimist.

When I told one of my friends that I didn't like how the last Hunger Games book ended, he said, "It's realistic." I've decided I strongly dislike reality.

Maybe watching Disney princess movies when I was younger contributed to it, but I have always been a dreamer.
I've always believed in dreaming big dreams and chasing those dreams. I believe in "happily ever after" (even if it's not in a sparkling palace). I don't (at least, I try not to) let "reality" tell me I can't dream those dreams (and achieve them).

{via}

Some people think the world is too big or their are too many people who need help that our efforts at helping will be useless. That, of course, is not true.

I'm not sure where exactly I'm going with this post. I guess I just want you to remember this: with God, anything is possible. YOU can change the life of an orphan or homeless person. YOU can feed the hungry. YOU can dream and achieve those dreams. YOU can amount to great things. YOU can spread God's love to the people of this world who have been overwhelmed by "reality" and have immense trouble believing that God is the Creator who loves them.

Life won't be perfect. Troubles are a given. But don't let your troubles stop you from believing that you can make a difference, that you can dream.

"Reality" has us believe that our lives are pointless, that we will never amount to anything, that divorce comes hand-in-hand with marriage, and on and on and on. But you know what? That doesn't have to be YOUR reality.

  Photobucket

Nicole  – (April 29, 2012 at 10:49 AM)  

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this, Talia! Wow. God knew exactly what I needed to hear - er, read this morning. I've been thinking lately about so many...injustices in this world. Human sex trafficking. Poverty. The persecuted church; the Christians who don't have Bibles. How abortion is legal in all 50 states.

And thinking...I could never do anything to change that, to change people, to rescue them. It's so big, this deceitful evil that has so tight a grip on this world.

Thanks for reminding me of the truth - that Christ is bigger...and He lives in me. <3

Molly  – (April 29, 2012 at 12:38 PM)  

TALIA!!!!!!! This post was perfect! I sometimes I let the world tell me not to dream, and make goals, but I can't let it do that to me. I am going to keep dreaming!! =D

~Molly~
mollyslittlecorner.blogspot.com

Anonymous –   – (April 29, 2012 at 1:34 PM)  

Talia, thanks for writing this! I think people look down on those of us who are optimistic, maybe because sometimes it seems unrealistic.
But as Christians, we're not just walking around with our heads in the clouds thinking that everything is going to be perfect and OK. We can dream and be joyful and LIVE our life because of the hope that God gives. And, no matter what happens, there will always be a happy-ever-after for Christians because we will live in heaven with God forever :)

So thanks for this reminder. You're a great friend... and writer. Keep on glorifying the Lord with your writing because it really is reaching people!! :)
-Haley

Kara "Klarabelle" Siert  – (April 29, 2012 at 2:30 PM)  

I adore this post! I believe that although life isn't always happy, pretty, wonderful and definitely NOT perfect, happily ever IS real for Christians, because we are Christ's bride and one day we will be in heaven with Him, instead of being punished for our sin like we deserve. It's easy to think that we're too young, to small, to few, but as you said, with God anything (in His will) is possible! :)

"[W]e're too young to realize certain things are impossible. Which is why we will do them anyway." ~ Amazing Grace

Kara "Klarabelle" Siert  – (April 29, 2012 at 2:30 PM)  

P.S. Do you mind if I put a link to this post on my blog and write my response?

Talia  – (April 29, 2012 at 2:57 PM)  

I dont mind at all dear ;)

Mikaylah H.  – (April 30, 2012 at 11:56 AM)  

Talia, thanks so much for posting this! You need to write an article for my blog sometime ;) Anyway, keep up the encouraging work. Also, do you think you could become a follower on my friend Lexi's blog that I created/designed for her? Its www.lexilovelylife.blogspot.com

Thanks!
Mikaylah Hansen
www.beautifuldiscretion.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP