Snow Day!

It was approximately 7:28 am this morning. A little bit of sun was peaking through the window, and after the power turning off twice last night, I was glad that it was now on and was trying to fall asleep after waking up for no reason as far as I could tell.

My brother came into me and Sika's room. "Guess what?" he asked. "What?" I groaned grouchily. "It's snowing!" he said. Then I perked up. "It is?!" I climbed out of bed as Elias got Sika out of bed and we joined my parents and sister in the living room to look out the window at the frosty "wonderland."

See, snow might not be a big deal for some people, but it definitely is for us, since where we live we rarely get snow. Mom declared an off-school day, even though we're homeschooled (although I had to catch up on some schoolwork from yesterday). We all went out and played and went to a nearby park with my grandpa and a couple of Elias' and Sika's friends. We played for a little while, then came home and got warmed up (we were freezing!). My rain boots (yeah, I didn't have any snow boots) were really wet, so my mom had to pull them off of me! Haha!

Later, we went driving to see town, and we went on a couple errands and got frozen yogurt. Yeah, I know we're weird, getting frozen yogurt when there's snow on the ground. But my usual mix of Dutch Chocolate frozen yogurt, strawberries, gummy worms, cheesecake bites, brownie bites, and occasionally chocolate sauce (healthy, right?), was delicious.

Here are some pictures from our fun day. My dad took the last two. (Thanks, Dad :-)!)

Here's how it looked in the morning!








Having fun sledding!

Hey, Snow Sister...

So, today was a great day. A few questions for YOU...
How was your day today?
What is your favorite thing about snow? Playing in it? Just watching it fall down? Taking pictures of it? Or something else?
Do you like to make snowmen? If so, what kind of snowmen have you made?

You know what's really cool? God knew that it would snow today even before the world was created. Isn't that an insane (in a good way) thought?
Photobucket

Olivia  – (March 13, 2012 at 7:23 PM)  

That's so funny, because where I live it was 70 degrees and we were wearing shorts and t-shirts! :) Looks like you had a lot of fun, though!

Molly  – (March 13, 2012 at 7:33 PM)  

My day was great! It was 60 degrees here today! When it snows here my siblings spend the whole day outside, but I only spend about an hour. My favorite part of it snowing is when we come in from outside and get hot chocolate, LOL
Glad you had a great day!

~Molly~

Hannah  – (March 13, 2012 at 10:07 PM)  

Awwwe I wish we got snow. We live in southern Georgia so we NEVER get snow. and if we do its definitely not enough to sled in or anything. :P

Today was like 70 degrees here and we went to the park and played football in shorts and t-shirts. ;)

Kara L. –   – (March 14, 2012 at 3:59 AM)  

It barley snowed this year which is weird for WV. ;) Yesterday it was in the 70s and I was wearing shorts and a tee shirt! :)

Shelley  – (March 14, 2012 at 4:34 AM)  

Whoa! A snow day? Where I live it's been really warm and sunny the past few days. Which is weird because it's still usually cold around this time of the year. Anyways, snow days are always fun! Snow in general is pretty awesome! :) I love all three things you mentioned about snow!

♥Godsgirlz1♥  – (March 14, 2012 at 7:04 AM)  

It must be the month for werid weather. Where I live there is normally snow still on the ground. Yesterday there it was really warm out. Today it is supposed to be 70!!!

♥Godsgirlz1♥

godsgirlz1.wordpress.com

Kristiana  – (March 14, 2012 at 9:45 AM)  

That is so neat!!! We rarely get snow and were very excited about our wonderful half inch last year! It looks like y'all got a great amount and for being in march that is so awesome!! :D
I enjoyed just playing in it and shoveling all of it up! It was soooo mich fun!!!!! :D
But right now our weather is hot and humid oh-so very much spring!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP