Movie Review: The Lorax


I went to see this on Monday with a few friends, my sister, and my dad, not really sure what to expect (but hoping it was somewhat like Horton Hears a Who - a movie I like :-)). First, I'll go through all the actors and all that, then I'll give you my verdict :-). And just so you know, this is just my personal opinion...you may think otherwise if you've seen this movie :-).

The starring actors and actresses in this movie were...

Zac Efron as Ted.
I wasn't too thrilled with the idea of him starring in a movie because, honestly, he isn't my favorite actor. But, I thought he did a very good job. I liked Ted's character...he was determined.

Taylor Swift as Audrey.
I wasn't too thrilled about Taylor Swift being in it either. But, she did very well too. I like the character of Audrey. She's a dreamer :-). One thing I thought was weird...she's towering over Ted. Haha! Makes me wonder about their age difference...
Danny Devito as the Lorax.

He was pretty good. I thought it was weird that the Lorax wasn't actually in Ted's story all that much...mostly in a story told by Once-ler. And yes, the Lorax was one of the good guys, but I didn't like him all that much for some reason. Sure, he had a cause (saving the trees) and he didn't want people to cut down trees and all that, but he kind of went to extreme measures when Once-ler didn't listen...like floating his bed (with him on it!) down a lake. He eventually ends up saving Once-ler from the waterfall at the end, though. I don't know...I just didn't really like the Lorax.
Ed Helms as the Once-ler.

Ed Helms did a good voice acting job for Once-ler (don't ask me why his name is Once-ler, 'cause I have no idea). Once-ler's story is kind of sad, actually...but I won't spoil the movie for you ☺. Let's just say a big portion of the movie takes place in a story told by Once-ler.

Rob Riggle as Mr. O'Hare.
Mr. O'Hare was the bad guy. And he was so annoying! Especially his hair. He annoyed me, haha. The voice job wasn't spectacular, but it was pretty good.


Betty White as Grandma Norma.

This granny was pretty stinkin' cool. Betty White did a good voice acting job too, and I just liked this grandma's character. Very fun.

Conclusion:
This movie kind of bored me. It was cute, but I thought too much of it took place in Once-ler's story rather than Ted's. I much rather would have had Ted go on some big adventure than just hear about Once-ler's. The movie had a few songs, which were cute but not spectacular, but I was surprised that Taylor Swift and Zac Efron (both singers) didn't have any solos. Although I don't believe that we should chop down every single tree everywhere or anything like that, I liked the main point of Dr. Seuss's Horton Hears a Who better than The Lorax. It was a cute movie, but I don't know if it would e totally worth your time.

Want a movie reviewed? You can suggest some below, and I might just review them!
Photobucket

Brooke  – (March 14, 2012 at 2:34 PM)  

Thanks so much for reviewing it! I have been wondering how it is.

Sonya Joy  – (March 14, 2012 at 3:40 PM)  

Have you seen the Help or Seven Days in Utopia? These sound kind of interesting to me!

{Grace}  – (March 14, 2012 at 4:47 PM)  

My uncle was Zac Efron's baseball coach!

♥Godsgirlz1♥  – (March 15, 2012 at 7:22 AM)  

I watched Seven Days in Utopia. It was pretty slow for me, but good. :)

♥Godsgirlz1♥

godsgirlz1.wordpress.com

Emma Margaret  – (March 15, 2012 at 11:33 AM)  

I wanted to go see it kinda but my dad does not like how they don't wont to chop down trees, not in a bad way though! He was very funny about it! ;)

Luv2sing333  – (March 16, 2012 at 10:33 PM)  

Hi my name is Ashley I really look up to you as a blogger and sister in Christ and was wondering if you would help me promote my blog for Christian girls called Pray LOVE Live

The website is
http://luv2sing-mypre-teenjourney.blogspot.com/

Your a big inspiration to me as I said and I am subscribed, following you, added you on Google Plus and posted a blog post on my website with a link to your blog! If you could help that would be such a honor. Thank you a million gazillion. God bless you and your wonderful acts for him

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP