VFW Banquet

I was gone this weekend, so I have a good excuse for not posting :). Hehe.

This weekend, my family drove four hours away to go to a Veterans of Foreign Wars banquet. We had heard that I won 1st in an essay contest, Patriot's Pen, and my sister was partaking in a speech contest called Voice of Democracy. At the banquet, I was to give my speech and my sister was to find out if she placed (there were 15 other Voice of Democracy high schoolers in the finals).
And guess what? My sister Haley placed third! She did a wonderful job. Here are our speeches...





The after party was great fun too. I haven't laughed that hard in a while! Congratulations to the top 5 winners for Voice of Democracy - Jordin, Liberty, Haley, Emily, and David. All of their speeches were great.

I had a wonderful time at the banquet, and made some great new friends! I am so thankful for the opportunity I got to enter the Patriot's Pen writing contest, but I am even more thankful for what the veterans have done for us!

THANK YOU, VETERANS!
Photobucket

GJFH –   – (February 13, 2012 at 11:50 AM)  

That's cool that you did Patriot's Pen! I did it last year, but not this year. I haven't ever met anyone else that did Patriot's Pen, but now I have! :)

Anonymous –   – (February 17, 2012 at 6:25 PM)  

Talia, you both did an AMAZING job! :)
~HaleyS

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP