Satisfied in Him

I keep finding myself grumbling on the inside.

122 followers? That other blog has hundreds more. And their posts aren't any better than mine!

44,000 pageviews? That's pretty cool. But wait til you see how many pageviews HER blog has! over 200,000!

And so on and so forth. I find myself grumbling because, although I realize I am immensely blessed, I am not satisfied. I keep hoping that maybe when I get more followers and more pageviews I will feel like a "cool Blogger" who other Bloggers dream of being friends with, gaining words of encouragement, inspiration, and conviction from my blog. But each day I find myself unsatisfied because I keep comparing myself to others instead of being happy with the followers that God has already blessed me with, the pageviews God has already blessed me with. Like the lyrics of a Johnny Lang song say:

"If I can only reach one set of ears, I know that I fulfilled my purpose here." (One Person at a Time, Johnny Lang)

A verse that came to mind as I began this post is Romans 12:2. It says:

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

God's will is not for me to try to be like other Bloggers. His will is not for me do my posts one way or another because I think I will gain more followers and more pageviews if I do it a certain way. His will is not that I would be envious and jealous of other Bloggers. His will is that I would be me and that I would shine His light.
If I am trying way too hard to portray someone I'm not to you, then the real me won't shine through. And that's totally not what I want. I'd like to be real, and I'd like to be satisfied with what I do have. I'd like to be an instrument of God. I want to tell you about Him and let Him do the rest. Because, honestly, if this blog is all about me, then it's not going to be all about Him. And that is the last thing I want.

So I'm going to try to become more satisfied knowing that God is all I need, not the perfect amount of followers or pageviews. God knows who needs to read what I'm writing on my blog, and He wants me to be genuine and to know that I can only be satisfied resting in His arms...and nowhere - nowhere - else.
Photobucket

emily  – (February 20, 2012 at 3:15 PM)  

Amen, sister! This is what He is teaching me... Look to Him for Everything. Why follow the world's standards? His are so much better and higher! And yes, There IS such a rest and satisfaction in His arms! When we truly give what is His back to Him. Thank you for sharing! We all need this in our DAILY walk's. May God bless you! <3 And I understand about the blog thing... =) But its so cool to see how everybody IS a "cool blogger" when they are just who God want them to be! Keep it up! I'll be praying for you.

Meena  – (February 20, 2012 at 4:31 PM)  

i feel the same way! i have 12 on one, 7 on another, and 0 on another! so dont feel bad at all! trust me, i'll never be a cool blog! :(

Godsgirlz1  – (February 20, 2012 at 4:33 PM)  

It is difficult for me not to compare my blog to other bloggers.

~Godsgirlz1

Molly  – (February 20, 2012 at 6:07 PM)  

Thank you for posting this! It really encouraged me to not worry about how many followers my blog has.

~Molly~

Jazzie.  – (February 21, 2012 at 7:51 AM)  

Yes! I agree.
I wouldn't consider my blog small,
but in comparison to others it can feel quite small.
Thank you for the encouragement today.

Natalia  – (February 21, 2012 at 10:53 AM)  

Totally with you on this, Talia! Great post! :) Also, I was going to ask you... has your family adopted? I thought maybe you had told me that before, but I couldn't remember. Anyways, have a lovely day!
~Natalia

♥Lexi♥ –   – (February 21, 2012 at 2:54 PM)  

That was a wonderful post, Talia! Sometimes I get so caught up on who the world wants me to be when all I need to be concerned with is who God wants me to be. I have to admit, I don't see how grateful I really am sometimes. I am really trying to become more satisfied with the things I have, because some are not as fortunate as me.
♥Again, great post!♥

Gina Gao  – (February 22, 2012 at 6:00 PM)  

this is a really great post. really opened my eyes to what blogging should be.

www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

Nicole  – (February 23, 2012 at 7:06 PM)  

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Like Godsgirlz1 said, it's SO difficult for me not to compare my humble little new blog to all of these huge, amazing blogs that are being constantly updated, have great designs, cool sidebars, lots of followers and admiring commenters, continuously inspiring posts, etc. :P And then there's my blog, which I haven't even posted on in almost 2 months!

One thing that I've learned, as a perfectionist, is that often the reason I procrastinate is because I'm afraid of the failure that's 'sure to come', a fear often feeding off of me comparing myself to others. So if I procrastinate, I simply haven't failed yet! What a wonderful little vicious cycle, eh?

It's like what Paul talks about a lot, especially in Romans, about how the law points out our sin while sadly not doing much to save us from it, but God sent His very own Son to really, truly rescue us and forgive us, to be the ultimate Sacrifice, so that we don't have to be worried about succeeding or failing or if we did better than the other person or whatever because we are in Christ, and He makes us who we are - forgiven and loved.

Ahem. Sorry for the rambling. ;) Hope everyone has had a wonderful week so far and is enjoying this wonderful life that God has given us! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP