Girlz Like You Interviews: Miss Raquel D.










(Check out more Girlz Like You interviews HERE!)
By the way, I will do a "real" post soon :-).

 Thanks so much, Miss Raquel, for agreeing to do this interview for us!

Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I’m the daughter to two wonderful parents, second-oldest child of seven children, a friend to many…and most importantly, a daughter of God. :) (You can find out more about me on my About Me page on my blog…)

What are your hobbies?
I have quite a few…but I think my favorites are writing, reading, crocheting, horse-back riding, hanging out with friends, and blogging :)

When did you get saved?
 September 2001…9/11 had a great impact on my receiving the LORD as my Savior. It got me thinking about where I would go, if I had died in one of the Twin Towers.

What is your favorite Bible verse and why?
 Well, goodness, I can’t pick just one! :D haha But one of my favorites is Psalm 37:4-6. It has spoken to me in my areas of my life…and encouraged and blessed me to know that no matter what happens in life, the LORD should always be my main focus.

Who is your #1 inspiration?
 My Mama. :) And I also have some close friends and ladies who I really, really respect and look up to.

What is your favorite thing about God?
That He is always there…and never changing.

What is your view on purity, modesty, and courtship?
Oh, goodness…I could take up two whole pages writing on this subject! :) I would suggest that you check out articles that I’ve written on my blog about these subjects. They’d be the easiest way to direct you to my views. But, all in all…I think purity and modesty are huge Biblical standards that I think everyone should set in their life. Courtship – it’s different with different people. Do what you feel convicted to. Not what other people say is ‘courting’.

What do you think about guys and girls being friends?
 I think it’s an amazing and natural part of life. I’ve written quite a few posts on my blog about guy/girl friend relationships. God has blessed me with some amazing guy friends. Seriously, I don’t know what I’d do without them.

Are you waiting to kiss until marriage? Why or why not?
Most definitely! I just feel that that’s what the LORD wants me to do. And from what I’ve heard from those who have waited (and are now married)…waiting for that first kiss was one of the most beautiful things they ever did.
When you go through trials, is there a certain Bible verse or attribute of God that encourages you?
I have a few certain verses that I recite to myself under different circumstances. Does that make sense?

For example…

When I’m feeling anxious or scared: John 14:27

When I’m feeling depressed (which is rare) or sad: Jeremiah 29:11-12

When I’m feeling like I need some encouragement and direction in life: Psalm 37:4-6

When I’m feeling excited and happy…and truly realize how blessed I am in life: 1 Samuel 2:1-2

I would encourage each of you to look up those verses. They are very dear to my heart and I hope they bless you too.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
 Ever since I was about 3 years old, I knew that the LORD wanted me to get married and have lots of little ones. ;)

Through my pre-teen years, I prayed for direction to know what to do before I get married.

And at the moment…the LORD has shown me that He just wants me to be me. A daughter…and sister…and friend…and I pray that I am an encouragement to others in all those areas in life. Because the only goal I have in life, is to bring glory to God. When I die, if I have not accomplished that, I will not have accomplished anything.

What is your goal for your blog?
 I began it as an encouragement for young Christian girls out there (like me). For them to know that they’re not alone in this world. That there are other teenage girls out there…who have the same struggles…who have the same interests…who love the LORD…etc.

And of course, it’s my little internet outlet for me to share fun, random stuff ;) heehee

Do you have any advice for girls on friends, life, and faith?
 Friends…take a lot of work. Just like any relationship in life, friendships are hard, beautiful, crazy, painful, and amazing all at the same time. Just because you and your friend have a little spat, doesn’t mean that it’s the end of your friendship. Work through your differences, and you will find that on the other side of this little river, your friendship is stronger than ever.

Life…you cannot live without God. God created life. He understands it better than you do. Leave your life in His hands…give Him the pen (because, let’s be honest…He already has it…you just keep trying to grab it away from Him)…and He will draw a life for you that you would never have even possibly fathomed.

Faith…is an essential part of life. Without it, you.will.fail. So I suggest you find Someone to have faith in. And if it’s your little statue of buddha, a picture of the virgin Mary or that little spirit that people call allah…then, I’m sorry, but your life isn’t going to go anywhere amazing. Not trying to be mean or anything, but John 14:6, Jesus says: ‘…I am the way, the truth and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.’ That pretty much sums everything up. :)

Talia, thanks so much for featuring me here on your blog!! I pray that my interview was a blessing and encouragement. :) To anyone reading this, please feel free to stop by my blog and leave me a note in my Guestbook. I would love to hear from you. :) I will be checking back on this interview to see comments too. :)

Many blessings on each and every one of you!

::hugs::

Thanks so much for doing this review, Miss Raquel!

Molly  – (February 17, 2012 at 7:12 PM)  

So encouraging! Thank you for the reminder to let God hold the pen!

~Molly~
mollyslittlecorner.blogspot.com

Emii  – (February 17, 2012 at 10:14 PM)  

Loved it, Miss Raquel! Awesome interview and interesting answers.

~Miss Raquel  – (February 20, 2012 at 8:27 PM)  

Glad it was a blessing, girls :) Thanks for reading!


~Miss Raquel
www.God-sDaughter.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP