Girlz Like You Interview: Kristiana G., 14
















Kristiana from the lovely blog januarylemongrass has agreed to do a Girlz Like You interview for us!
(by the way, her blog is really cool! You can check it out - and follow - HERE!)

You can check out more Girlz Like You interviews HERE.


Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I am a "teen aged" young lady who loves my sweet Jesus! I am the oldest of seven children and would NOT trade it for anything! We homeschool and I enjoy it tremendously!

What are your hobbies?
I REALLY like photography and recently started doing photo sessions with other families (more on my photography HERE). I also enjoy sewing, reading, crocheting, chatting via google+, working with my grandparents who are missionaries to Mexico.

When did you get saved?
I got saved when I was about 4 years old. I remember my dad coming in the room and we prayed and I accepted Jesus into my heart. I also remember him giving me a special white angel bear. I still have it, and it reminds me of that special night when Jesus came into my heart. I was baptized when I was about seven - yes, I know, very young, but I still remember very clearly. :)

What is your favorite Bible verse?
To pick one would be very difficult, but I think one of my favorites is: "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." -2 Corinthians 12:9. Its a great reminder that no matter what might happen, HE has everything under control and is bigger then any difficulty or triumph. It reminds me of a quote that says, "There is no Testimony without the Test."

What is your blog about januarylemongrass, about?
My blog is mainly a place to encourage other young ladies and share what is going on in my life and what the Lord puts on my heart. I also like sharing crafts, projects, and tutorials. It has also been really neat to meet new people like you and many others. :D

What is your main goal for your blog?
My main goal for my blog is to share my heart, faith, and my favorite things for others to read and enjoy.  I am NOT perfect, and I fully admit to that, but I think it is encouraging just to hear what other Christian young ladies are doing about their faith.  Each is learning something different and new.

What is something God has been teaching you lately?
I think the Lord has been working on my heart for missions. For me it is often difficult to step out of my "comfort zone" and reach out to people that I know I should be reaching out to. I have always wanted to be a missionary, and I thank my grandparents for putting that desire in my heart. We have always been in very missions-supportive churches. Ever since I was little, I remember all of the missionaries that would come to our church in January for the missions conference. All of their stories just tugged on my heart. I know that if that is what the Lord is calling me to be, a missionary in a foreign country, I need to learn here. Because if I can't do it here, how will I be able to do it there? Why should the Lord send me there if I can't even do it here? This is a subject I could write about for pages and pages. :)

What is your favorite thing about God?
 My favorite thing about God is that He is always there to comfort us and help us when its REALLY hard to be patient with that the little brother or sister who won't sop fussing, or when you've had a bad day. My other favorite thing is how He brings amazing people into my life and heart. <3

What is your view on purity, modesty, and courtship?
I believe in saving my very first kiss for my my future husband. I believe that saving your first everything is a very precious gift and is REALLY special! I don't believe in having a boyfriend; guy friends are good, but when it gets to be something more it is easy for your purity to become in jeopardy. Modesty is very important to me. I enjoy dressing fashionable without wearing super skinny jeans or blouses that show to much. I mostly like wearing skirts but I also enjoy wearing jeans, but I just find skirts more comfortable :) Courtship.... all the way! My parents had a dating relationship and they both regret not courting. Unfortunately, they were totally unaware to this concept at the time. I love the whole idea that my future husband will have to talk to my dad before he approaches me. I have always liked the idea of courting.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
I want to be a missionary :) I'm not exactly sure where yet (although I'm hoping for Mexico :) But we truly all are missionaries spreading the light of Jesus. We always pray that wherever we go we will be a light. When you truly, really and deeply have a relationship with God it just shines from within you. :)

Do you have any advice for girls on life and faith?
I think my advice would be make sure that your relationship with Jesus is truly real and sincere. When you don't have a truly real relationship with the Lord it is oh, so easy to slip and fall, and it becomes hard to find your way up. Guard your hearts, because the devil prowls like a lion to ready steal, kill and destroy.

Thanks so much for doing this interview, Kristiana!

Readers - don't forget to check out Kristiana's BLOG and her grandparents' WEBSITE.

(picture courtesy Kristiana)

Anonymous –   – (October 19, 2012 at 9:04 AM)  

Talia, I was looking back and reading all these, and I really really appreciate Kristiana's answers when she talked about missions! :). They really encouraged me, since I'm of like mind (missions minded). It's nice to read about other girls who are the same way! :). Thanks Kristiana.... And I love your name!

-Haley <3

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP