Girlz Like You Interview: Alisha H., 15














(Check out more Girlz Like You interviews HERE)

Tell us a little bit about yourself:
Well, I'm the oldest of four kids, two of whom are adopted. I've been homeschooled most of my life. I love writing, music and friends. I was diagnosed with a rare liver condition when I was four months old, and am currently battling with another illness which is currently undiagnosed.

What are your hobbies?
Music, reading, writing.

When did you get saved?
Well, I was about four when I asked Jesus into my heart.

What is your favorite Bible verse and why?
Definitely 2 Corinthians 12:9 "But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. "

Who is your #1 inspiration?
That's a hard one. There's so many incredible people I look up to in my life and who inspire me. My number one would probably be my best friend's mom. She's been like a second mother to me, and has been inspiring me since I was young. But there are so many people in my life, so it's hard to pick just one.

What is your favorite thing about God?
I love the fact that God gives second chances, and doesn't get upset with me when I don't "get" it. I also love that He's trustworthy, and even when I don't see what's going on, He has a plan.

What is your view on purity, modesty, and courtship?
I think all three are great qualities. I also think the second two play into the first. I don't actually know if I'm all for courtship, as in I don't know if it is something I would want to pursue, but I definitelythink it's a great idea and would love for my family and friends to play a big role in my dating life.

When you go through trials, is there a certain Bible verse or attribute of God that encourages you?
Well, that would probably be my favorite one, 2 Corinthians 12:9. Another one I love is Hosea 2:14.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
I would love a career in medicine, however that decides to play out.

What is your goal for your blog?
I went into this whole blogging thing not really having a goal, just planning on writing about my life. Now, though, I do want to be able to encourage others, but I still want to be real and honest and share with people my real struggles, and if they can get something out of that it's just an added bonus. I guess I just write what's on my heart and let God do the rest.

Do you have any advice for girls on friends, life, and faith?
Hmm...I don't know if I'm in a place to be giving advice when I know so little about life myself! One thing I would say is that you don't have to figure everything out. Life is messy sometimes, and it's full of heartbreaking moments, and those are ok. I know what it's like to hurt and to wonder where God is in all of this, and that's ok too. As much as we think we should have all the answers, it's ok to not know. God can take all our feelings, and our questions, and our hurts, and even our anger. To be a good Christian you don't have to fit inside a little box where everything is neat and proper. Life is messy sometimes, and nobody gets that better then Jesus. Life hurts, but Jesus heals, remember that.

Thank you so much for doing this interview for us, Alisha!

More Girlz Like You interviews are coming soon, so stay tuned :-).

(picture courtesy Alisha)

Nicole  – (February 14, 2012 at 2:28 PM)  

Thanks so much for doing this, Talia and Alisha! Loved it! I was actually just thinking, "Hey, I should go check Alisha's blog," and then here you are on Talia's! ;) Funny how that works sometimes.

Happy Valentine's Day, btw! <3

Nicole  – (February 15, 2012 at 11:45 AM)  

Hey, Talia, about your giveaway - so sorry, but I've never heard of Etsy shops or Lilpaper Boutique, so I'm not sure what to do about those, as well as 'hearting' them (...?). If you could clue me in, that would be very helpful! Sorry, I'm new to the Blogger community (and have already fallen behind on posting! *hangs head in shame*). I've been blogging for a while, but was using Weebly :P - I like Blogger a whole lot more!! ;)

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP