A True Prince








When I was younger, I loved Disney princesses. I loved their flowing gowns, fancy hairstyles, and glamorous palaces. If I had had a fairy godmother who could transform me into a princess, I probably would've done it without a second thought. I just adored everything about them.













A big part of every Disney princess's story is the prince. I wasn't too concerned with Derek and Eric and Aladdin (who technically wasn't a prince until he married Jasmine) and the rest of them when I was younger. Sure, they were a nice addition to the story, but I mostly admired the princesses.








The "prince" is often the starring roll in girls' minds today. They desperately want to know who they will marry (if they will marry), what he looks like, what he's doing now - stuff like that. And most girls are thinking of their Prince Charming by now. They want him to be handsome, kind, and daring - always a safe place for them. But many girls find it hard to wait for their Prince Charming...so they don't. They go out on an endless search to find "the one," dating this guy then that one, until they're feeling broken and empty and not at all fulfilled. And a lot (though not all, mind you) of the "princes" out there are not true princes. What qualities does a true prince have, you ask?

A True Prince
~ Loves the LORD with all his heart
~ Loves God more than you
~ Loves you and treats you with the respect you deserve
~ Is a leader

There are a few more things that makes a prince a true prince, but those are the basics. Does that sound like a lot of the guys you have dated or are interested in?













The point is, God is writing your love story. Sure, it may not seem like it, and sure, it may seem like your Prince Charming will NEVER come into your life, but wait for the Lord..wait for God's perfect timing. It will be so much better and more fulfilling if you wait for the love of your life rather than go on a crazy search to find him.













And who knows? Maybe God's plan for you doesn't include marriage. Whether it does or it doesn't, trust in God's plan, and wait for Him to bring your true prince - the one He has already picked out for you - into your life. He's writing your love story.










{all pictures SOURCE}
Photobucket

Trinka  – (January 25, 2012 at 3:28 PM)  

I liked this :) And it's so true! When I was little, I was like, eh...the princes are no big deal...
But now I really am thinking about my "prince" a lot... Your "checklist is great, and basically the same as mine {minus a few things ;)}
Oh, btw, who is Derek? Is he The Beast? Haha, that's really all I know him as. :)

Godsgirlz1  – (January 25, 2012 at 4:24 PM)  

I like this post. Lately I have been thinking a lot about my future prince and if I am ever going to marry. This is an awesome post Talia!

AmyB  – (January 25, 2012 at 5:24 PM)  

Thank you, Talia, for posting this! It is so difficult as young ladies to keep our hearts pure- to keep our thoughts captive. But as you described your "prince" it allows us to filter our thoughts- thus making it a whole lot easier to guard our hearts!

(I wrote a post not too long ago about this same kind as well! http://aheartsurrenderedblog.blogspot.com/2011_02_01_archive.html)

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP