I Refuse

I heard this song by Josh Wilson on the radio the other day and found it really fascinating. Check it out:



I Refuse

Sometimes I just want to close my eyes
And act like everyone's alright
When I know they're not
This world needs God, but it's easier to stand and watch
I could pray a prayer and just move on
Like nothing's wrong

But I Refuse

I don't want to live like I don't care
I don't want to say another empty prayer
Oh, I refuse to sit around and wait for someone else
To do what God has called me to do myself
I could choose not to move
But I refuse

I can hear the least of these, crying out so desperately
And I know we are the hands and feet of You, oh God
So if You say move, it's time for me to follow through
And do what I was made to do
And show them who You are

I don't want to live like I don't care
I don't want to say another empty prayer
Oh, I refuse to sit around and wait for someone else
To do what God has called me to do myself
I could choose not to move
But I refuse

I refuse to stand and watch the weary and lost cry out for help
I refuse to turn my back and try and act like all is well
I refuse to stay unchanged, to wait another day to die to myself
I refuse to make one more excuse

I don't want to live like I don't care
I don't want to say another empty prayer
Oh, I refuse to sit around and wait for someone else
To do what God has called me to do myself
I could choose not to move
But I refuse

This song really stands out to me. Many times I feel a tug to reach out to a person I see, be an encouragement to them, tell them that God loves them...but I'm afraid. I'm afraid of what people will think of me. I'm scared of giving them a bad impression of Christianity. I'm lazy. And so I pray that God would send someone to witness to that person. I know, that is so lame. But I do that.

But you know what I say? Enough of that. This song totally describes what I want. Just reading the lyrics to the song I am appalled.

I don't want to live like I don't care
I don't want to say another empty prayer
Oh, I refuse to sit around and wait for someone else
To do what God has called me to do myself
I could choose not to move
But I refuse

It's time for me to move, for me to reach out and do what God wants me to do, not just waiting for the next winter retreat, the next camp, to get close with God. The time is now, and this is what I need to do.

I refuse to stand and watch the weary and lost cry out for help
I refuse to turn my back and try and act like all is well
I refuse to stay unchanged, to wait another day to die to myself
I refuse to make one more excuse

The time for excuses is long gone. In fact, I don't think it was even ever here. No more excuses. I want to love God with all that I am and give my life completely to Him.

I don't want to live like I don't care. I don't want to say another empty prayer. I refuse to sit around and wait for someone else to do what God has called me to do myself.

I could choose not to move, but I refuse.
Photobucket

Emii  – (January 8, 2012 at 4:51 PM)  

i love this song and i love this post. i'm with you, Talia!

Trinka  – (January 8, 2012 at 5:57 PM)  

This is one of my favorite songs! Thanks for posting it :)

Stella  – (January 8, 2012 at 6:45 PM)  

How inspiring! Thanks for sharing, Talia! Following you now :)

Kristiana  – (January 8, 2012 at 7:19 PM)  

Awesome Talia! I love this song!! You are so right our culture has put the pressure of the thought "what will they think of me"?

I refuse!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP