His Purpose

Rarely do I take the time to tell God just how thankful I am for all that He has blessed me with. I look around at my life and certain experiences that have happened in it, and I become overwhelmed with the thought of how blessed I am, even when times are tough. Sometimes I look back at obstacles and times where I doubted God, and now I realize that He knew what He was doing all along, and He placed that obstacle in my life for a reason. The other day I was reading a past journal entry-slash-prayer that took place two days before my sister was due to leave for Africa. At the time, she was sick. I didn't get it, because God had provided all the funds for her trip, all the support, and all the resources, and now, two days before she was due to leave, she was sick. Do you blame me for being confuzzled? In the prayer I vented to God, and, basically, I doubted Him, asking, "Why isn't Haley better?" During the next two days, Haley recovered and set out on her mission trip.

At the time, I couldn't see what God was doing. But later I realized that I didn't have to doubt Him. I realized that I should just trust Him and let Him take the reigns of my life, take the worries of my life, and carry my burdens, and He won't let me down.

Sometimes God's plan is different from what we have in mind. My family most definitely experienced this firsthand with the adoption of my little sister, Fasika. On our papers, we had originally put down that we wanted an infant. We were assigned with an adorable little girl named Fasika - supposedly under eight months old. Not long after, we found out that there had been a mess-up with the paperwork and that Fasika was older than the age range we originally wanted (she was actually over a year old). Well, we decided to stick with Fasika, because we already loved her and we felt that it was God's plan, and we have never regretted it. Now, we cannot even imagine life with Fasika. She is such a beautiful, fun, silly, sweet, precious little girl that God definitely brought into our life. Even though we didn't get an Ethiopian baby the age we originally wanted, God knew what we needed - Fasika. And now we all love her so, so much (we did the moment we knew her name, too), and we can't imagine life without her.

I love the Bible verse Jeremiah 29:11-13. It says:

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

God has a good plan for each of our lives - not a plan to hurt us. Even if He allows bad things to happen - like Haley getting sick - something good can come out of it, and He can deliver us from it.

So be thankful...even for the trials you are going through. Who knows? Maybe God is using the trials in your life for a greater purpose that will draw you closer to Him. And what could be better than that?

Photobucket

Elisha(:  – (January 23, 2012 at 5:07 PM)  

WHERES THE LOVE BUTTONN!?! <3

Godsgirlz1  – (January 23, 2012 at 5:40 PM)  

When I get older I want to adopt a little girl.
Love this post.

♥Lexi♥ –   – (January 24, 2012 at 2:23 PM)  

That is SO true, Talia! Sometimes I wonder why God lets bad things happen to me, but I have to trust that everything has a purpose and that something good will come out of it. GREAT post!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP