Girlz Like You Interview: Alyssa F., 13 (and a little announcement)























(Check out more Girlz Like You Interviews here)


Tell us a little bit about yourself.
My name is Alyssa, I am thirteen years old and in the eighth grade. I have gone to a public school all my life. I have naturally curly hair and the only one in the family with blonde hair and blue eyes. I have two amazing parents, and a little sister named Sarah. We own a cute, little Miniature Dachshund named Minnie. I love to dance, and took dance classes for 8 years. I also am a huge fan of Christian music. My desire for my life is to grow as close as I can to the Lord!

What are your hobbies? Dancing, singing, reading, writing, emailing, and listening to music.

When did you get saved?
I got saved a couple of years ago (around 11 years old).

What is your favorite Bible verse and why?
My favorite Bible verse is John 3:16 because it states God's whole plan of salvation, and the love that He has for each of us.

Tell us about your newsletter, Guided by Grace.
Guided by Grace is a Christian e-newsletter that was started after the original one, Christian Crew. It is designed to encourage and help other teenage girls with their relationship with God. It features at least one or two devotionals, pages made by the readers, and poems/stories/articles.

What is your main goal for your newsletter?
The main goal for the newsletter is to, again, encourage and help teenage girls with their relationship with God.

When the going gets tough, what do you do?
Well, I strive to trust in the Lord and pray when the going gets tough. But often times it is difficult. I mainly try to live by (and focus on ) in difficult times Proverbs 3:5-6. It states "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."

What is your favorite thing about God?
Well, I like everything about Him, but I would have to say my favorite thing would be the amount of love He has for us.





















What is one way that God has gifted you?
I believe God has gifted me in many ways, but especially with the amazing family and friends that I have! They are truly a blessing!

What is your favorite way to serve the LORD?
My favorite way to serve the LORD would definitely be through my writing.(especially my newsletters). I love to create the newsletters, not only knowing that I am strengthening girls' relationships with the Father, but that I am pleasing and serving the Lord.

What is your view on modesty?
I believe modesty is really important. Not only does God not want us showing off parts of our sacred and holy bodies, but He wants us to cover them up completely and save ourselves for our future husband. We need to remember that every part of our lives, even the clothes we wear, should glorify and please God.

What is your view on purity?
Along with modesty, I think purity is also extremely important. God wants us to remain pure for (again) our future husbands, not give a little to different guys until eventually you have nothing to look forward to with your husband! I believe it is definitely important to remain pure until we find the right guy and marry him!

What is your view on courtship?
Courtship is definitely a matter to discuss with your family, but I think it is surely a smart idea and something that will result good. I also don't think dating is a bad idea, as long as you keep to good standards and remain pure, and keep any relationship glorifying to God.

Are you waiting for God to bring the right guy into your life? Explain why or why not.
Yes, I am waiting for God to bring the right guy into my life because God's plan is perfect, so I know that He will send the right husband at the right time! I just have to wait for it.

What is one thing God has taught you in 2011?
In 2011, I have learned that a good relationship with God cannot exist without time in the Word and consistent prayer.

What are some of your goals for the new year?
Well, I have to say that my top goals for this year is to grow even more in my relationship with God, and read the Bible and/or spend time with God daily.

Do you have any advice for girls on faith, friends, and life?
Though life may get hard and it may seem like everything is falling apart, always remember that God will be there for you, and that you can trust in Him and talk to Him in any situation. As for friends, some may stay in your life forever, some may stay for a while, and some may even stay for a short time, but remember each and every one is there for a reason, and all to help you grow in some kind of a way! Just remember to give all friendships the glory to God.

Thank you so much for doing this interview for us!

(All pictures courtesy Alyssa and her family)

And now for the little announcement...

Right now while I'm posting this, I have 94 followers. If Girlz of God can at least 100 followers (that's 6 more), I will host a 100 followers giveaway! So, if you want :), tell your friends, post on your blog. This will be a giveaway not to be missed :-).
Photobucket

Elisha(:  – (January 9, 2012 at 4:42 PM)  

eeeeeeee!! a giveawaaay!!! =D

godsgirlz1  – (January 9, 2012 at 6:40 PM)  

Cool maybe another giveaway. I have you blog on my blogroll on my sidebar.

godsgirlz1  – (January 9, 2012 at 7:44 PM)  

Talia, I nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger Award. Here is the link to your nomination. http://godsgirlz1.wordpress.com/2012/01/09/kreativ-blogger-award/
Hope you can do it.
Godsgirlz1
http://godsgirlz1.wordpress.com

Talia  – (January 9, 2012 at 8:21 PM)  

Thanks so much, thats really kind:)

Talia  – (January 9, 2012 at 8:21 PM)  

Godsgirlz1, thanks so much!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP