Movie Review ~ Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol

I'd never seen anything "Mission Impossible" before the movie, so I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. I knew there would be a lot of action, judging by the commercial, and action there was. Actually, the movie was jam-packed with action. Usually I get bored with the action (which is weird), but I actually enjoyed all of it in this movie.















This PG-13 movie directed by Brad Bird and produced by Tom Cruise, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk is an action-packed movie about the starring character, Ethan Hunt, and his team - compiled of Benji Dunn, William Brandt, and Jane Carter - who initiate a mission to stop an evil Russian from attaining nuclear launch codes and using them, in short. The movie had a lot of information as to what they were trying to accomplish, who was who, what was what, and I was a bit confused or clueless to what was going on at times. By the end of the film, though, most if not all of my confusion was resolved, and the end of the movie was satisfying - not like a sad movie where everybody dies in the end (which I totally don't get :-)).






This movie stars...
Tom Cruise as...












Ethan Hunt. Hard as it is to believe, I'd never seen Tom Cruise in anything else (gasp! I know), but I thought he was a really good actor. The character of Ethan Hunt at time seems like a one-man show, like he's an invincible super hero, but later in the movie he highlights just how important the whole team is, an admirable part of the film. It is also evident how much he cares about stopping the nuclear missile and saving people he doesn't even know.

Jeremy Renner as...













William Brandt. I think he did really good and is also a talented actor. His character was mysterious in a way, because you know there's something about him that he's not revealing to the team, but you're not sure what. (Guess what?! My sister found out that Renner is playing Hawkeye in Avengers!!!)

Simon Pegg as...















Benji Dunn. This character was probably one of my favorite. He just had a funny personality, and Pegg did a wonderful acting job.

Paula Patton as...















Jane Carter. Though not my favorite character, I really liked Jane Carter, because she is a girl agent with some cool moves! Haha!

And the bad guy...Michael Nyqvist as...










Kurt Hendricks. In my opinion, he wasn't as evil as he could have been. His actions portrayed his deep evilness, but his words were not as dark and devastatingly evil as you think a villain's would be (at least in my opinion :-)).

This movie had some great lessons to learn in it, including the importance of a whole team and that you can't always do everything alone, friendship, and risking your life for people who may never know they were in danger in the first place. An added plus is that all of their missions were really cool, and they had some cool gadgets and gizmos :-).

While I thoroughly enjoyed this movie, I must warn you that it did have some language and a lot of violence, shooting, etc. I'd say it's a pretty good movie for teens and above, but know that I am forewarning you that there is language and countless punching, kicking, throwing, shooting, etc., of humans.

Plugged In did a review on this movie. To see it, click here. NOTE: Their review contains spoilers!

*While I enjoyed the movie, I do not endorse, recommend, etc., the contents of it. If you are planning to go see this movie, talk about it with your parents first and, hey, take 'em along if you do go :-).

(pictures via google.com search and wikipedia.org)
Photobucket

The Inseparable Sisters  – (December 28, 2011 at 2:55 PM)  

let me just say I thought I was the only girl who even cared about this movie! I just found your blog through my sisters blog and I love it! great post. Awesome Blog!!

Talia  – (December 28, 2011 at 2:58 PM)  

hehe! I like it too...a lot! Have you seen Captain America and Thor? Those are two of my favorite movies :).

Talia  – (December 28, 2011 at 2:59 PM)  

p.s. Thanks so much! your comment made me smile:)

Rachel Hipps  – (July 3, 2012 at 6:53 PM)  

I LOVED this movie. I kind of fine Tom Cruise to be a bit... um... crazy. But I think he did a great job in this.

And Jeremy Renner was PERFECT. That dude is just so freaking cool. I can't wait for his new movie the Bourne Legacy.

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP