Longing to Inspire

Sometimes I read a blog post and think, Wow, that's really inspiring. The words the writer uses are descriptive, the post flows well, their words seem to describe how people are feeling...These bloggers always seem so earnest, like they never have a day when they just can't think of anything to post when that's what they really, really want to do.

I have been finding that I have been longing to inspire but lacking to feel the inspiration inside of me. I want people to love my blog, to visit it, to follow it, to tell friends about it, and to be inspired and convicted and motivated by it. But I feel like the posts are stuck in "just okay" or even "good" when what I really want is for them to touch people, to press on their hearts, to show them God like they've never seen Him before. I'm not exactly sure how to word what I'm thinking. Or maybe, I do know how to word it, but I'm just afraid.
Truthfully - and I know this sounds incredibly conceited; it probably is - I like a lot of my posts. Especially a few of the devotional ones. I think they're good. Inspiring. But the thing is, honestly, I want other people to like them, too. To feel them. To be touched by them.
I get jealous of some blogs who have tons of readers when what they post about is, in my opinion, gibberish. I get angry at them for such a stupid reason - because people adore them and their blog more, follow it, tell their friends about it, dream of being like the author.
I oftentimes want that for myself. But when I look deeper, what I really want - or should want - for Girlz of God is for girls to want God, to yearn for God, to desire God and to learn a lot about Him and grow close to Him - closer to Him than they'd ever felt before. I want this blog to inspire girls to give themselves to God with reckless abandon, to put their lives into His hands and say, "I'm Yours. Now use me."  I want them to feel their heart being pulled toward God, aching for Him, aching to run back to Him and grasp Him and never let go. I want readers to ache for God's people, to love them, to feel compassion for them. I want them to have a fire inside them bursting with inspiration and desiring to change the world. I want to inspire.

Melody  – (December 8, 2011 at 5:49 PM)  

Talia, You inspire me with almost every post!

Talia  – (December 8, 2011 at 6:35 PM)  

Thank you so much, Melody. That means a lot.

Anonymous –   – (December 12, 2011 at 5:31 AM)  

Talia,
Thank you for not writing what's popular, or what everyone is WANTING to read... but for writing the truth, what everyone NEEDS to read! People can write the things other girls want to hear, or they can write what man wants them to write... but none of those things are lasting because they will be forgotten.
What will last in our hearts is the truth... from someone who is writing for God, not for man... like you. <3

I think you're doing an amazing job! I'm praying for you!!!
-HaleyS

Sunshine  – (July 24, 2012 at 5:44 PM)  

That is really inspiring about how you want people to be drawn to God and all of the other things. I can tell you right now that I want to be one of those people. You helped a lot with your post! Thanks for sharing it!
Soleil
http://thoughtsfromadaughterofgod.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP