Le Skype, Le December, Le New Look, Le NaNoWriMo

Can y'all believe it's already December? Whenever Christmas comes along I always think, "That came so fast!"

This is pretty much just an "update" post, so bear with me as I update you about my life :-).

Today was co-op, and I performed my speech (about Bethany Hamilton) memorized, and it went really well! Tonight is our game night slash white elephant party. We're supposed to bring something not-bought from home. Any ideas?

This afternoon I also have Bible Study. Fu-un! I'm giving my Bible Study leader Emily the soap I won from Umbrella Girl's contest (Fiesta Bar from Fairy Bubbles, the etsy shop).

How do you guys like my new look? I absolutely love it. Jocee did it. Speaking of Jocee, I got the chance to Skype with her for the first time last night, which was uber funalicious, though short.

Also, I haven't posted about it yet, but I finished NaNoWriMo. Eeeeek! I'm very excited. This is my 2nd year doing it, and I totally recommend it! In case you don't know what NaNoWriMo is, check this out. Last year I wrote Tania's Faith, which I had the wonderful blessing to self-publish. This year my book is called "Genuine," and it's about a girl named Gwen. I'm not thinking we're going to publish this one, but I don't know...we'll see how it comes out after it's all edited and all that funness :-). Here's a short excerpt:

Genuine Excerpt, Copyright © Talia DeAndrea, 2011

For your information,” she said coolly, “I signed you up for a Bible Study Group. I know how much you love youth group.” Her voice had softened now. “Mom, please-” “It's already settled,” she said. “Why wouldn't you want to go to a Bible Study group?” “O-of course I do,” I said. “It's just that I'm so busy with homework and stuff.” Actually, I wasn't that busy at all. I just didn't want to go to some “Bible Thumper Academy.” Mom didn't know it, and I wouldn't have ever told her, but I wasn't some Christian like she thought I was. Cacia was, and at times I thought she would see past my act, but she never did. It's not that I didn't like church or youth group; I did. It was just that I couldn't see how someone like God could be real. It was just so...hard to believe. It was like believing in Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy at my age. Mom and Dad, however, still obviously believed in that “Jesus” stuff, and so did Courtney and Aaron. Damien didn't want anything to do with God. Like me, he thought it was simply nonsense. Of course, I didn't let him know I agreed with him. He'd use it in one of his arguments with Mom and Dad in the future, and then they'd know that I wasn't “one of them.” Grandpa Joe didn't believe in anything. Whenever Mom or Dad asked him about religion, he'd say, “I don't believe in some 'big bang' and I don't believe in Jesus, got it? I'm a good man; I'm goin' to heaven.” I didn't know where people went after they died. I usually tried to avoid it slipping into my thoughts. Mom and Dad always tried to talk to Damien and Grandpa Joe and convince them that Christianity was true, but it was obviously pointless. They weren't ever going to believe it. And neither was I.

Also, one last note before closing off this post...I write for my friend Kiera's newsletter for Christian homeschool kids, Peacherino Monthly. I write the "Bible Corner" article. There are also some other writers on the team, Kara, Kiera, Emma, and Sam. Check it out here

p.s. Anyone know how to make signatures?
Photobucket

Sylvi! ♫  – (December 2, 2011 at 1:43 PM)  

LOVE the new look, Talia!
Looks very pretty!
xo,

Sylvi!

Trinka  – (December 2, 2011 at 4:35 PM)  

I love that excerpt of your new book! It sounds really awesome! :)

Talia  – (December 2, 2011 at 9:32 PM)  

Thanks so much, Sylvi and Trinka!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP