Girlz Like You Interview: Kara L., 13

Kara L., 13, has willingly agreed to do a Girlz Like You interview for us! Thanks so much, Kara!


Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I am thirteen-year-old God Girl and I have wonderful Christian parents who encourage me and my five siblings in the Lord every day! My Dad is the pastor of Cross Centered Church - the church we go to - and I enjoy helping out in the nursery there.  I love the out doors too, which includes fishing, hunting, (well, I have not gone hunting yet, but I want to!) biking, going to the river, etc., etc. 
I love doing photography as well, and you might find me on frosty mornings outside taking pictures. :) Haha. :D

What are your hobbies?
Writing, photography, doing my newsletter, and biking.

When did you get saved?
I got saved at the age of six in 2005.

What is your favorite Bible verse and why?
 I have tons of fave verses, but one of my favorites is Proverbs 17:17. I love how it talks about a friend loving you at all times, the rough times, and the good times. That is a true friend!

Tell us about your newsletter, Girlz of Faith.
Me and my sister Korin started our newsletter this past June because we wanted something fun to do that would encourage others, so doing a newsletter sounded like a nice idea. :) I forget how we came up with the name Girlz of Faith, but really, everything just fell together. One unique thing about Girlz of Faith is that we send it in the mail, and I write and Korin illustrates it almost all by hand so it takes about over two months to get it all finished. I hope that when the people get our newsletter they enjoy it as much as we enjoy making it. (Not that me and Korin don't have little fights on how our newsletter should be, what contests we should do, etc, etc, etc. ;) )  

What is your main goal for the newsletter?
To encourage others, and not only that they will be encouraged but also that they will enjoy reading our newsletter.

What is one thing you have learned (spiritually) in 2011?
 I have learned the prayer is important because it helps me grow in my daily walk with God.

What are your goals for the new year?
To finish memorizing the book of James (I am on chapter 3 :D), to get my book that I have been writing several months finished, and to try to encourage others more. :)

What do you want to be when you grow up?  Photographer and writer - or whatever God wants me to be!

Who is your #1 inspiration?
My mom! She is so encouraging, and I love her so much!

What is your view on purity and courtship?
 I believe that purity is very important! Why? Because God says so! I also think that courtship is a very good idea because it is not like dating where you are dating one guy one day and one week later a new guys comes along, you break up with the guy you were dating and then date the other guy! It is too confusing for me to even date, and I like the idea of courtship so much better!!!

What is your view on modesty?
Modesty for me is huge! God talks about it in the Bible even!
("Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control." - 1 Timothy 2:9)

What is your favorite thing about God?
That  His love is everlasting!

Do you have any advice for girls on friends, life, and faith? 
Friends might leave you, people might make fun of you for your faith in Jesus Christ, but God will never, ever leave you nor forsake you!


Thanks SOOO much for doing this interview, Kara!

For more "Girlz Like You" interviews, click here, and stay tuned for more coming soon :-).

Picture courtesy Kara's family.

Funmilayo  – (December 19, 2011 at 8:24 PM)  

I love her response about her favorite thing about God.

godsgirlz1  – (December 20, 2011 at 7:20 AM)  

Does she have a website where you can view her Girlz of Faith newsletter?

Kara L. –   – (December 20, 2011 at 5:04 PM)  

Thanks so much Talia for doing an interview with me! :)
Godsgirl, no I don't have a web site for my newsletter. :(
Funmilayo, thanks! :D

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP