Girlz Like You Interview: Brydon F., 15

Brydon F., 15, has agreed to do a Girlz Like You interview for us! Thanks, Brydon!

Tell us a little about yourself.
I'm fifteen years old, I have been homeschooled for three years, and I have one brother and a dog. I live in LA (Lower Alabama ;) ), and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Christian worship music, singing to it, playing it, and dancing to it. I have been playing piano for 7+ years, and I love the sound my keyboard makes when I type really fast! Hahaha.
What are some of your hobbies?
I like archery....I love singing, dancing, and acting...anything theatrical. I like acrylic painting, journaling, and I am learning how to sew.
What is your favorite thing about God?
Oh, my goodness. This is a hard question! I mean, I could never know everything about God....but I guess my favorite thing about God is that He never changes, but He can know each and every one of us in a unique way. We each have different relationships and dynamics with Him, even though He is the same to everyone!
What is one of your goals for 2012?
To be honest, I haven't even made any goals for this year! I am a terrible goal maker....but I guess one thing I want to work towards in the upcoming year would be more diligent to study my Bible every day.
What is your favorite way of serving (e.g. worship, mission work, etc.)?
I would have to say worship definitely, but I really like to serve God and others by investing personal time in their walk with God....I have to admit I'm working on it though, as I'm working on my own walk.
What is your favorite Bible passage, and why is that your favorite?
Well, my favorite scripture is Hebrews 12:28-29 which says, "Since we are receiving an unshakeable kingdom, let us worship God with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire!" It's my favorite because it's so passionate and it's so powerful! We are inheriting an unshakeable kingdom! And I love the picture that God is a consuming fire, that is soo cool. =)
Who is your #1 inspiration and why?
My number one inspiration would be my best friend, Jade. She loves God sooo much and she's not afraid to show it. She never fails to admit and deal with her mistakes. It is so encouraging how she is always honest and sweet. Jade has grown so much in the Lord since I have known her, and it's awesome to see what she aspires to. Her life is so exuberant and pure and wholesome.

Do you think media influences girls today? If so, how?
Yes!! Of course! What we let into our ears, eyes, and minds is so extremely powerful. When i get to thinking about it, media is really a one-way interaction, which really isn't interaction at all. It requires no brain effort or physical or verbal effort on our part to be entertained by TV and music. And so no matter what is in the media, whether it's good or bad, it goes straight into our minds unfiltered, and I know that, personally, it's hard to counteract. Girls naturally have desires and dreams, and oftentimes we wish that those would be fulfilled by something similar to what's on TV. I could go on and on about this, but basically if we let the media fill our thoughts unedited, then our thoughts are going to be filled with lies, and we won't even know it. Check out Phil 4:8-13.
Do you think peers influence girls today? If so, how?
Yes, this is also true. I know when I was in middle school I was really vulnerable to what other people said, and so I would always be concerned with what others think or say. Girls especially deal with this, because we are so verbal. We are inclined to style and friendship and so when we are with our peers we pay special attention to how they dress, act, talk and it's so natural to just be like others if what they have is attractive. Like I said, middle school was the hardest time in my life, because I didn't know who I wanted to be, and I was ignorant of the truth about a lot of things.
What do you want to be when you grow up?
I really want to serve in some kind of worship or drama ministry, but I have an impression that God is going to call me to raise a family someday.
What is your favorite thing about yourself?
Um....haha. My favorite thing about myself....(I had to think about this for quite a while)....Well, let me put it this way....I am so thankful to God that he made me with such strong conscience. It might not be my most favored quality, personally, but it has kept me out of trouble and attentive to God's truth.
Do you have any advice for girls on faith, friends, and life?
Good question. Lol. I have a hard time getting my own faith and life together, so it's hard for me to think up some advice for someone else.......Okay, here's something. 1) Always be honest with your parents. It will lead them to trust you more and let you have more freedom if they know that you will tell them the truth about stuff. 2) Chill out! Give yourself and God some time. He'll work out everything He needs to if you just relax and hold fast to the truths you know. 3) Concerning beauty, Let your beauty come from your heart, and then you will never feel lacking. Beauty from the heart lasts forever.
To all my sisters in the faith, in sisterly love -Brydon ;D

Thanks so much for doing this interview, Brydon!

godsgirlz1  – (December 28, 2011 at 8:55 AM)  

I luv your interviews. Keep them coming.
Thanks Brydon for sharing with us what you believe in. :-)

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP