Perfect? Who, Me?

With the help of a couple blog posts (like Jocee's and Bleah's), I've realized that in a way I've tried to create this "perfect blogger" image for you.

Sure, I have shared some of my faults, and I have admitted that I'm not perfect on this blog, but in a way I was kind of using twisted pride.

The honest truth is that I'm really not perfect. I don't spend my days going on photography outings and writing to my heart's content (although that would be nice once in a while). In fact, most of my "photo shoots" happen in my backyard with trees or flowers or leaves.

I don't think there is such a thing as a "perfect blogger." I know I'm not the only one who has created that image, but I don't need to judge anyone else.

I want to say I'm sorry to the blog authors of Of Horse Feathers and Pastor's Girls Ponderings. I know you probably will never read this, but sometimes I got sort of inwardly annoyed at you guys just because I was jealous that you had lots of followers and could keep lots of followers without giving it a second thought. I was jealous because I try hard to get more followers, but really don't have that many. That shouldn't disappoint me, though. I just wanted my blog to be loved, to be visited, to be followed.

But now I know that that is not what's important.

It's more important what I say. I realize that I haven't been doing devotional posts on here lately. I've been trying to conform to the routine of other blogs, whose posts consist of Pinterest pics and daily musings.

Let's get real. Life's not always a box of chocolates or a piece of cake. It seldom is, in fact.

So I want to do what people like Jocee are doing. I want to be honest with you guys. I don't always have to pretend like I've had the perfect day. I don't have to be negative about my day, but I can at least be honest. So here goes.

Today was a pretty good day, to be honest. I didn't want to work on my speech and got a very little amount of research done for it (oh yeah, it should be done by Friday. Yikes). I wanted to work on NaNoWriMo more but didn't. I had a hair appointment. I read some of "Lily and the Creep" and "The Hiding Place." It was a pretty good day, but kind of boring, honestly.

So what about you? How was your day...really? Want to join me and other imperfect bloggers?
Photobucket

Emii  – (November 15, 2011 at 11:05 PM)  

Lily and the Creep! Oh, I LOVE the Lily books! And... the hiding place? That doesn't happen to be the one about Corrie Ten Boom does it? Read it for English last year. :)

My day was okay, too. I'm figuring out that I don't have to try to be someone I'm not, like everyone else -- I don't have to be loud and say things all the time and try to be funny or whatever. Because what people think of me... well, ultimately? That's not what counts. It's what God thinks of me.

Talia  – (November 16, 2011 at 8:23 AM)  

Hey Emii! Yep, that hiding place :-). I love it. We are doing a literature study at our homeschool co-op. Did you like it?

I try to think of funny things to say, too, but then God reminds me, "Hey, it's not them you get your worth from." The world leaves me wanting more, but God never leaves me, and in Him I am complete. <3

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP