Like a Weight Has Been Lifted

Lately, I've felt distant from God. I want to do my quiet times and devotions, but I don't. I don't make time for God.

I've been trying to do more devotions on here, because for a while I just did random posts because that was what was in me.

That's what I thought girls liked to read.

But I realized that's not what girls need. That's not what I need. But honestly, even though what I said in the devos were true, they weren't from my heart. I want to change that.

Last night, I opened my heart to God. I told him I'm sorry for choosing other things over Him and trying to find worth in other people and things instead of in Him. I realize that here on the blog I've been pretending to be "tight" with God, when really there is so much more that I could know about Him. I don't really know Him that well, but I want to.

I feel kind of like a weight has been lifted. I hear people say that a lot, but it's true for me now.

Now I want to make God a priority instead of accessory. I want to know Him so well I feel as though I'm chatting with an old friend when I talk to Him. I want to know Him so well that I talk to Him all the time and don't neglect my quiet times with Him.

As I told Him last night, I want to be a God girl. And I want to be honest. This is me, here it is, this is who God made me to be.

I'm Talia.

I love my name. I love my eyes. I don't sing very well in the morning, but I love to sing. I wish I sang better. The campfire at camp this year was one of the best moments of my life. I'm not that into vintage like a lot of bloggers are. I am a tuna sandwich fanatic. I love the names Trinity, Esther, and Jasmyn. I'm not really hyper and happy all the time, like I am around some of my friends. I love the songs "Amazing Grace" and "You Never Let Go." I love to read, and I read my books over and over if I really like them. If I have nothing to read, I just reread one of the books. I'm kind of bored of the movie Tangled, even though I love it, cause I've seen it so much. I love my youth group and am truly blessed to be able to go to it. I have never owned a cell phone that actually calls people. I'm love "all things techno" and working with HTML. I love photography and writing. I love it when my blog looks "just right." I'm a big procrastinator. I am a person who thinks of little things to do that will make people happy, like cleaning up for my grandma when I babysat cousins at her house. I like kids, but a lot of them usually don't like me very much, except a select few. I believe that if you dream it, you can do it. I like good quotes. I like good movies. I love Disney movies (except The Princess and the Frog...not a fan), and I love just the originality of them - the whole package of the video and music. When I go into one of those 4D theatres, I get nervous because I don't know when I'm gonna get sprayed in the face or something. When I was little, I loved "Soarin' Over California" at Disneyland. I still liked it when I was older, but not as much 'cause I was tall enough to see the top of the screen. I really don't like it when people say something mean and then they say "just kidding," cause usually there is a bit of truth behind each joke.

There is so much more to me, but for now I'll leave you with this.

But one thing you should know about me...

I'm a God girl.
Photobucket

Brooke  – (November 22, 2011 at 2:16 PM)  

Oh wow, Talia...you have inspired me greatly. So many times I compare myself with other people and try to be like them when I should just be ME.
Thanks for the post!

Emma Margaret  – (November 24, 2011 at 1:48 PM)  

I have felt that way before. Christianity is like a rolar costar. It is not fun when you take that dip farther away from our hevenly Father. But God is good and his love endures forever.

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP