Where did my Motivation Go?

While sifting through my archives trying to find picture posts, a thought came into my head. I clicked the "October 2011" archive link, and sure enough, it confirmed my suspicion...

This month I haven't done any devotions.

My blog is called Girlz of God. But how come I haven't been talking in-depth about God - just mentioning Him here and there and sharing a couple prayer requests with you?

It makes me wonder...Where did my motivation go?

I could credit it to my current busy schedule. But my random posts haven't been lacking - in fact, they are, sadly, in large abundance!

I think one of the reasons my devotion posts have been lacking is because I hadn't been doing my quiet times for a while. How could I tell you stuff FROM the Word if I wasn't IN the Word on a regular basis?

Another reason I think my motivation is lacking lately is because I've been trying to have the "perfect blog." I've been trying to mimic other blogs I admire...putting pictures from Pinterest in almost every post and barely writing anything. I know it's sad.

I want to try to post more devos...and not because I feel like I'm required to or any silly thing like that. It's because Jesus Christ loves you so, so much and has a great plan for you, and I want you to know that. I want you to KNOW HIM and grow stronger in Him.

So for now, I will leave you with this...

"Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD."
Psalm 27:14 NIV



Photobucket

Trinka  – (October 19, 2011 at 5:53 AM)  

So I'm not the only one having that problem?! Lately I've been slacking on devo-like posts. I've been putting plenty of "random" ones, though.:P And, as I realized yesterday, it's because I haven't been having my OWN devos...

Sonya Joy  – (October 19, 2011 at 10:41 AM)  

So true! Thanks, Talia!!
And I see you almost have your blog back to normal! Yay!

Melody  – (October 19, 2011 at 5:08 PM)  

The blue hair pins are my fav!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP