It's Hard

I spent this last week across the country with some relatives. I still am, actually. It's been fun, but...hard.

It's hard being with your relatives 24/7.
It's hard sharing one room and one bathroom with four other people.
It's hard not to throw back a sarcastic comeback when somebody says something that offends you or drives you crazy til your knuckles turn white from being squeezed so tight.
It's hard.

When I want to yell "shut UP!" in someone's face, storm out of the room, or give a clever comeback that is meant to get under the skin, I *try* to pray...pray for patience so I won't blow up in their face.

I'm not perfect. I sometimes pray that they would GET A CLUE. But I really need to pray for myself to be patient, rely on Jesus, trust in Him, and be a light of God's love. I need to trust in Jesus and ask Him to give me peace, kindness, unconditional lovr and forgiveness, as well as compassion.

Even though life is hard, God is with You always, no matter what.
Period.

Jesus doesn't promise that life will be easy. He just promises that He will always be with us and never leave us.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.




Photobucket

Sonya Joy  – (October 9, 2011 at 11:22 AM)  

So, so so true. Thanks for the reminder, Talia!

Shelley  – (October 9, 2011 at 12:08 PM)  

Great strategy about praying for God to give you patience when you feel annoyed at someone. I think there comes a point where everyone needs a little extra patience, including me. :) Great post Talia! Hope you enjoy the rest of your time with your relatives!

Melody  – (October 10, 2011 at 3:48 AM)  

I know, I have eight other siblings, so I know how hard it is.

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP