One Word: Jesus

A couple of minutes ago, I read this post at Alisha's blog, Mercy's Miracle, and it was really meant for me. Check out what she says:

"My worth does not come from how well I did on that post or whatever, my worth comes from God." - Alisha 

Oftentimes we look for worth in the wrong things - boys, romance, money, "love", security, acceptance... But what - or who - should you really put your worth in?


It is not uncommon for people to change how they act, what they say, how they dress, etc. just to fit in. Sometimes I try to say something funny when I'm around different people. I try to get them to like me. A lot of times I try to make my blog posts sound how I think would be appealing to you, not how I actually am.

I totally agree with what my friend Jocee said in a post on her blog:


"Some bloggers seem to have the perfect life. They're always happy, they have the best wardrobe, and they spend their days shopping or photographing sea gulls at the beach. And don't forget that A-plus in chemistry! But in reality, that's not all. It seems like they take what was all cheery and fabulous and mix it up to create a fantastic cupcake, with icing and sprinkles on top. But life's not always a cupcake. Maybe the mix wasn't measured correctly, or the oven was too hot. The cupcake is ruined. So, what do they do? They throw it out. Forget about it. A scene is cut, a blurry photograph is deleted. But why? 
Because some people want you to think that their life is a bowl of ice cream with that extra cherry on top, even though it's not. They want smiles and kind words and nods of agreement. Because if they talk about how hard life is, wouldn't they lose some friends? In this case, followers. They want to be loved so they create an image that seems almost impossible to follow. And hundreds of people admire them. They want to be just like them. 
But why can't you be the best you you can be? Even if the souflee is deflated. Even if you snap the photo a little too late and receive a blur. Yeah, you had a bad day. The take didn't go well, someone forgot their lines, so they deleted it and had to start all over. It's okay. It's not some sort of jinx or bad luck {I don't believe in those anyway}, bad days just happen." - Jocee

We try to blend in, mix with the crowd, feel like we belong. When a new fad or fashion becomes "in," we want it. We want to do it. We want to feel accepted for doing it. But then something new comes along, and we feel once again like we are not enough.

A lot of times, people pass quickly by a blog that doesn't have very many followers, or that isn't the "prettiest" or most popular. They go to the super popular blogs, follow them, and copy what they are doing on that blog, even though the less popular blogs may have great writing, pictures, potential...

I think even after you become a Christian, sometimes you still look for security and acceptance in other places than where you should look. Well, where should you look for security, acceptance, belonging, peace?

One word: Jesus.  

He's not just a guy "up there" who can't see what we're going through (or understand it, for that matter). He doesn't say, "Stupid! I'm trying to help you, but you just keep turning away from me! Why must you be so idiotic?!" No, He does NOT say that. What does God say?

..."I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness." {Jeremiah 31:3}

"For I know the plans I have for you...plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." {Jeremiah 29:11-13}

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” {Joshua 1:9}

God loves you, cares for you and about you, and understands you like no one else can. He loves it when you pray to Him, and you can tell Him anything. The world cannot and will not give you the eternal security you are looking for. Sure, it might make you happy for a little while, but that will not last. The only One you should turn to is Jesus. Why? Because He's God. He will always be there, even to the end of time. {Matthew 28:20} Turn to Jesus. The road will be rough, but He will be with you if you trust in Him. Find your security in Jesus. Find your peace in Jesus. Find your worth in Jesus. Find your hope in Jesus.

"Well, I'm tired of saying everything
I feel like I'm supposed to say
I'm tired of smiling all the time
I wanna throw the mask away
Sometimes you just have a bad day
Sometimes you just wanna scream
Tell me I'm not the only one
Tell me that you feel just like me

We keep tryin to make it look so nice
And we keep hidin' what's goin on inside
But what if I share my brokenness
What if you share how you feel
And what if we weren't afraid of this crazy mess

What if we were real?
What if we were real?

I'm over hiding my tears
I think I'm gonna let em' go
I'm over acting so strong
When I ain't even in control
We make it so complicated
But why does it have to be?
Why can't we open our hearts and let everybody see

We keep tryin to make it look so nice
And we keep hidin' what's goin on inside
But what if I share my brokenness
What if you share how you feel
And what if we weren't afraid of this crazy mess

What if we were real

We'd think a little less of ourselves
We'd care about someone else
'Cause we'd know just how they feel
Maybe we could let someone love us
Maybe we'd a little more like Jesus
Why can't we learn to real

We keep tryin to make it look so nice
And we keep hidin' what's goin on inside
But what if I share my brokenness
What if you share how you feel
And what if we weren't afraid of this crazy mess

What if we were real?


You've got to be real." - Mandisa, What if We Were Real

Photobucket

Ali Holmes  – (September 2, 2011 at 6:44 AM)  

Great Post!

I have a award for you on my blog! Here is the link to it http://alisbitsandpieces.blogspot.com/2011/09/awarded.html#comments

--Ali H.

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP