Staying Up Late and Playing With Fire

I dislike staying up late.

Sure, it is fun for the moment, but what about the next day? Uh, hello...not fun. When I stay up late, the next day I am...

  • grouchy
  • tired
  • very grouchy
  • very tired
  • and did I mention grouchy and tired?

The other night I spent the night at my friend's house. Yes, it was fun watching Love's Long Journey and Love's Abiding Joy, but the next day, I was super tired. And I have to admit that at times in the past, me and my siblings have had to be grounded from sleepovers for a while due to over-grouchiness. So, while staying up late is fun at the moment, the consequences are not fun.

Where am I going with this?  Well, I thought I'd bring up sin and what on earth it has to do with staying up late (okay, I just made it sound like staying up late is a sin. Most times, it is not. Please excuse my *tired* rambling).

Well, sin is like staying up late in a way. For the moment, sin may seem fun. It might make you happy, make you energetic, make you hyper, and make you fill fulfilled. But the truth is, playing around with sin is like playing around with fire. You will get burned. There are consequences (worse than being tired and grouchy). So I would suggest staying away from sin...OK, not suggest. I'd highly recommend and encourage! Because not only does sin displease God, but it also has nasty consequences. So stay away from sin. Stay away from the fire. Shoot it with a fire extinguisher! (Not shoot...just..um..what's the word? Oh, right...extinguish.) The blessings and good things that come from staying away from sin are so much better than the burns, scars, and wounds that you get from playing with it.


Photobucket

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP